1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Whales, Dolphins and cycling from around Europe

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Matkubicki, 10 Sep 2007.

1. Matkubicki

Matkubicki What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

Well i've finally got around to putting some of my pictures from the summer online and thought i'd share a few with you. We went to Paris for the end of the Tour de France, stopped in Madrid for 2 nights and then went to the southern tip of Spain (town of Tarifa) to watch whales.

[​IMG]
    This is Thor Hushovd who came second in the final stage of the tour, he wasn't a happy chappy!

[​IMG]
    This is Atocha train station in Madrid, puts UK stations to shame, there's a botanical garden in there with terrapins swimming around!

[​IMG]
    What we went all this way to see, an Orca (male here) its looking for Tuna to steal from the Moroccan fisherman's line, their very cheeky! That fin is about 1.5 - 2 metres high!

[​IMG]
    This is a female Orca with the smaller fin, or young males.

[​IMG]
    A surprise encounter with the world's largest predator, a Sperm Whale, these guys are about 20 metres long, have the worlds largest brain and hunt giant squid, this is one just about to go on a 45 minutes dive for food. Very cool to see!

As you can tell we had a great time taking the photos, and comments welcome, excuse some of the wonky horizons but I was on a boat and haven't had chance to straighten them all out!

Matt

2. trigger

trigger Procrastinator

Love the first one, it really shows the emotion of a sportsman. I like the symmetry of the second one. Not so sure about the whale ones - I imagine they are rather difficult to shoot though. :)

3. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

The last one is great.

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I know it's overshadowed by whales, but the Marid station is an amazing place. So relaxing!

5. Matkubicki

Matkubicki What's a Dremel?

Totally after the heat and bustle of Madrid, Atocha is an oasis!

And yeah i agree about the whale ones not being perfect, as you say they are difficult to get, split second timing etc. Still recommend going to see them to anyone though.

Thanks for the comments guys

Tags: