1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Big Dark Fishing Spider

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by calking13, 14 Sep 2007.

1. calking13

calking13 What's a Dremel?

i haven't posted here a lot within the past few years but some people told me that this was a really good shot and that I should show it around.

[​IMG]

found this critter in my garage late at night a couple of months ago. She didn't even move when i almost stepped on her. While she was docile she was very fast. FYI: this is your typical sized tomato sauce jar so yes she's a big one. I didn't expect to see such a big spider in the city let alone Indiana.

This is what I was able to dig up about this critter:
    The dark fishing spider is native to the southern US state of Arkansas (a long way from Indiana in the midwest) but has been spotted as far north in some canadian provinces such as ottawa. It tends to hang out in water areas but they have been known to move to wooded areas and my garage as well. Thanks to the docile nature theres been few reports of spider bites and uses typical spider venom that merely causes necrosis of affected tissue.

Sad that I had to let it go, it was pretty cool.

Last edited: 17 Sep 2007
  2. Spacecowboy92

Spacecowboy92 Gettin' Lazy

If this is a POTM, what does it have to do with Technology? Otherwise thats quite a big spider, I'm fine with any one's up to 3inch, after that I need some tools.

3. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

It's funny. Webbers are fine for me. Roamers bother me. You never quite know where you're going to find them.

*tip* Knock out your shoes before you put them on :thumb:.

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Isn't that a scientific impossibility??

(apart from Shemales obviously)

5. calking13

calking13 What's a Dremel?

haha well noted and fixed! :duh::thumb:

haha, I did my fair share of that when I worked in Florida a couple of years back.;)

big spiders aren't much of an issue here, the big ones are typically orb weaver/garden spiders (no roamers) and they never venture into the house. while my backyard looks like a mini forest of sorts, were still in the city.

Last edited: 17 Sep 2007
Tags: