1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Team Fortress 2 Beta

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by D3s3rt_F0x, 18 Sep 2007.

1. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Just logged onto steam for first time in a few weeks to be greeted by a pre order the orange box now and play in the TF 2 beta just thought I would give those of you the heads up who didnt know.

Oh also get $5 off the orange box.

2. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I'm stuck at work... don't tempt me, or I'll have to fake another 'sudden illness' like I did with bioshock :p

3. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

Played this morning for 20 mins or so. ZOMG!!!

4. will.

What does the Z stand for? I'm pretty sure the rest of it means oh my god.

5. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

i believe it stands for 'Zorlax', as you will know Zorlax is the ruler of the 2nd sector of the galaxy, widely regarded to be God by inhabitants of that sector.

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

ZOMBIES!

7. The Stig

The Stig What's a Dremel?

Maybe Archangel just lost control of his bodily functions there for a while and accidently hit the Z key ?

Got this pre-ordered btw cant wait to play it this evening. :)

8. D3s3rt_F0x

Is class like made alot of the poorer classes alot more useful like the spy and pyro is wild now

9. Breach

Breach Modding in Exile

My only one gripe is the walking speed, otherwise I really like TF2. It is well made and looks great, any class you choose is fun.

10. ElZog

ElZog Defeater of Satan's Transformo Sofa

Can't stay connected for more than a few seconds, sent a bug report about it, apparently it's an issue that has cropped up for a few people, looking at the steam forums.

11. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

If my informants are correct (by that I mean the voices in my head) I believe ZOMG is a typo of OMG when people accidentally hit Z+Shift to type OMG in all caps. Now we just say it to mock the internet kiddies. Plox is another one I've heard of. It's a dual offshoot I believe. It started when people try to type PLZ and type PLX by mistake. The "o" is added in just for laughs because plox is a pretty funny word to say. Just say it out loud. Plox. It's funneh.

12. Hugo

ZOMG is just OMG with extra 'Z' I swear I have to assume you're all having me on saying you don't know because it's a common phrase in my circles anyway (read: bit-tech office lol)

Back to TF2 - I suggest anyone playing type xbox in the console; you can see a nice load of xbox 360 specific command variables :p

13. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Well I say it like "zor my god!"

I wanna play it but don't wanna pay to beta test.

Looks like I'll be beta testing crysis multiplayer. ho ho hooo!

14. Mathmarauder

Mathmarauder What's a Dremel?

Anyone else have their computer just absolutely lag to hell after closing TF2? I get great performance in game and my computer is normal from startup but after closing the game everything takes like 3+ minutes to load up including task manager. I know its a beta, but if the problem is my computer I would like to start fixing it.:worried:

15. will.

I had a weird problem with sound. It was almost like the sound was running too fast and kept skipping back. Submitted a report.

16. Hugo

Will, you talking about the directors commentary?

I got that too damn anoying

17. HellRazor

HellRazor What's a Dremel?

Being a die hard Team Fortress Classic gamer, I must say I'm pleased with TF2. Only things that bother me thus far is the lack of Grenades, and the fact that the soldiers rocks fire so darn slow. Not having the Grenades seems to give a HUGE advanted to the sentry guns as they are much harder to destroy. I look forward to see what our community can do with it, as this is coming from a short hour and a half of gaming on three different maps. However, if your planning on buying HL2:Episode 2 I would recommend getting the orange box, TF2 is an good game.

18. will.

Actually. Its just that it's more noticeable in the directors commentary. If you listen closely, all the sounds in the game are like that. When the game counts down for example before a match.

19. ElZog

ElZog Defeater of Satan's Transformo Sofa

Fixed my prob, just had to set up hl2 through my bebox and problem sorted. Got complemented on my Soldier skills as well in a match, although the medic back up was most appreciated.

20. D3s3rt_F0x

I've not had an issue so far that I've noticed anyway.

Although I have noticed that depending on the map the spy seems to be a favourite throughout so maybe a little unbalanced that way as the spy is by far and away the best class imo just in the way you can cloak change your disguise uncloak knife someone and repeat

Although the little touches are great in it like the men shouting out and the spy wearing the paper mask when hes disguised as someone on the other team.

Tags: