1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows *

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Silver Shamrock, 11 Sep 2007.

1. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

They are saying that the MP beta forces all the graphics to run on low except for AA, AF and resolution.

2. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

The game still looks damn good.

3. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Well I've won a EA invite, so I'll let you know if it force's on low or not. I hear on one of the builds you cant select "very high" for graphics.

4. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

I swear I made a thread on this yesyerday... anyways, it plays extremely poorly here, getting like 20-30 fps on 1680*1050 and I think I should be getting considorably more tbh... on medium it does about 60 fps, might have todo some tinkering....

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

That's because it's a beta. When we played the Stalker Beta back in Jan it required 4GB of memory and 8800 GTX SLI :/

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Well Joe's playing it and I've got almost the same reaction as before - lots of "Ooooo" for about 20 minutes until you get accustomed to how good it looks then it's just a bit "meh". Like before - it's still very beta and needs some work but we accept that. Everyone's running round like headless chickens too because the maps so big and I can see it getting a LOT better with experience although the learning curve is a bit much.

I seriously hope they don't insist on GameSpy arcade in the final retail release though - that would suck donkey balls.

Definitely potential, not quite living up to hype in gameplay yet, but is in visuals. Oh and thank god you can turn motion blur off! \o/

Funniest quote of the day: Some guy moaning "Medium" runs like **** on his P4 3.2 (cause it's a 3.2!!!) with 1GB of ram and an 8600-something.

7. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Power struggle looks pretty cool.

8. Bogie

Bogie Banned

Well i have played the MP beta and it was very buggy on my HD2900XT. Graphics and textures were all over the place. The funny bit was when the birds on the beach started walking and chirping underwater! hehehehee

9. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

sounds a bit bugger'd.

I should get my key tonight about 6:30, I can't wait. but I want to be impressed lol.

10. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I'm not nearly as bowled over as I thought I'd be. But my thoughts shall be aired fully later...

11. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Is it true that the graphics settings in the beta are defaulted to low? That's what everyone on the official forums has been spouting.

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

No it's just most people on those forums have a **** PC (gamers dont equal hardware enthusiasts unfortunately) - even an 8800 GTS and Ultra defaulted to "medium".

13. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

Is that Cryteks ego glaring through or is that a legitimate "best" setting?

14. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

My default setting was medium. Even with an ultra in our gaming rig it still struggles at the High setting (FPS avg of 13) and the Very High setting, which unlocks DX10, is greyed out.

15. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

is it just me or are exlusive "Betas" just hyped up demo's with bugs? it seems more and more so, companies are offering exlusive "betas" and less and less "demos". then again I was in the wow BC beta and that was actually quite fun. and even at this moment I'm debating about pre-ordering hellgate london for the exclusive beta... but seriously it's just a demo

16. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

The idea is help them find bugs to sort it for the final release

17. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Looks like crap so far but hey, it's a beta.

I still think it will be a terrible game like Farcry was with its aweful gameplay

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

FarCry had awesome gameplay. There are elements of Crysis MP beta that are fantastic and others that are a bit "meh" but you can't have everything give you a hard on.

19. Nohawk

Nohawk What's a Dremel?

If you press the Auto detect it stick everything on high for my system, and its not to bad fps, but motion blur sucks. i really dont like the MP its a bit boring and far too big, also some of the weapons just seem far to overpowered :/

My System :
    Q6600 G0
    Gigabyte p35 DQ6
    2 Gb ram
    BFG 8800 GTX OC

Bring on the single player demo!

PS TF2 Rocks!

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Maybe it detects cores rather than graphics? We were playing on a dual core system.

Tags: