1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Radiohead allows you to pick album price

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 3 Oct 2007.

1. fini

fini What's a Dremel?

It has to be said though, that as a form of advertising this has been spotless. Imagine how much it would have cost them to get this much tv coverage via paid adverts? In addition to that they get a nice sheen of 'we love our fans and hate the record industry' cool to help propel their sales.

I know a lot of people who are not fans (me included) have checked out the site off the back of tv reports so I can see this going very well for them. Even if people download it for 1p, if it increases the chances of them going to a concert then it'll be worth it - because there are ridiculous levels of profit in tours.

2. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

The only one I can think of off the top of my head that's similar to this is perhaps eMusic.com.

3. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

I do agree with impar record companies have their place, however GuitarBizarre's quote says it all, the record industry guys are greedy b*******
    It costs them 83c more to change the album cover, and they charge $10 for that .... that's over 10x markup on cost - its insanity

If i liked radiohead, i think £4-7 is pretty reasonable, however they have shot themselves in the foot imo, buy not not telling you the actual cost
    IE, if there is 43p added on, fine, but i want to pay £4-7 not £4-7 + 43p

P.s. as to record companies weeding out crappy bands, bu******* - look at all the cr** we have been subjected to

4. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    If the band sells the companies will keep it, if not they will dismiss it.

5. knowyourenemy

knowyourenemy Professional Winner

90$ USD going in. <3 Radiohead.

6. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

If the album is something I would really like, I would be willing to spend $5 on the album. Why not drop the price to $5 and grab twice as many people than if you had it at $10, y'know what I mean? Word-of-mouth is the best/fastest form of advertising......and it works almost 100% of the time.....F**k the middle-man!

7. ReelFiles

ReelFiles What's a Dremel?

I'd drop $5 on an album, just not that one, hehe.

8. knowyourenemy

knowyourenemy Professional Winner

You know what I'm more stoked about? Tour date announcements for the US.

Tags: Add Tags