1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft creating a virtual world?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 12 Oct 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

please no.......! for the love of god shot yourself before you do something silly

3. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

never like ps3 home idea am no more enthralled at the thought of ms doing the same.

4. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Seems like a waste of time to me.

5. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I still dont get second life or home. I can see it be fun and interesting for kids, but not for me. Id rather play a game with missions and quests than run around a 3d world with kids running around naked because its cool to have no clothes on your AV going WTF?? all the time.

6. Zut

Zut What's a Dremel?

Dear god NO! Where the f*ck does all this hype over 'virtual worlds' come from? Second Life is the most boring and pointless 'game' I have ever witnessed.

7. Kufwit

Kufwit What's a Dremel?

We are losing enough personal contact with email/text ytype things anyway. Games like these are only generating a world full of people living robotic lives. For the good of humanity go out to the pub instead :)

8. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

oh dear =(

9. Darkedge

Darkedge Minimodder

at least if they are doing it it's based on a very good backend and working infrastructure unlike Sony's

10. MilkMan5

MilkMan5 Yeah man...

Not my type of game, but obviously this type of “gaming” is in demand, otherwise Sony or MS would not bother with it.

Then again, MS feels Sony screwed up with the whole “home” things.
    So now, here comes competition and I’m sure MS is loving it.

11. Javerh

Javerh Topiary Golem

World of Halo, anyone?

12. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

how has sony screwed up their home when its not out? i dont think having this home thing is that great and i probly wont use it but there will be many people who do. it is sort of neat how its going to be done but i dont care about it. just dont see how you can say they screwed it up and how its not on a good backend and working infrastructure. how do get that?

13. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

wow....talking before it's even out........and where is the evidence (I'm not talking personal experience) to backup this comment?

14. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

And you know this how? Because the PSN isn't up to par with Live Home's infrastructure and backend are bad? How? Explain that to me.

15. Dvs98SK

Dvs98SK What's a Dremel?

I think it could be interesting at the least. I agree with most here though in that it isn't really my thing. I think Microsoft could pull it off better than Sony ever could though.

16. devdevil85

From what I've seen of Home so far I do not know what MS could pull off that would make their service any better/more innovative? They would probably make users pay extra to have access to spaces/places (i.e. demos/premium content) that will come free with the PS3....considering XBL's structure....

17. Dvs98SK

Dvs98SK What's a Dremel?

I doubt they would make you pay extra IMO. That would be a dumb move. It really doesn't matter though i wouldn't really mess with it. I tried Second Life and other games like that and i'm not really a fan.

18. devdevil85

Why do you and a lot of other people keep comparing Home to Second Life? Second Life is a game that people have paid $ for and play for the sole purpose of talking and being social over the internet....Home is a virtual world that you can waste your life on just as much as you can on videogames or watching TV (so I'm acknowledging that fact).....but the reason for Home is to allow you to virtually interact with the PSN community (PS3 owners rather than 'anybody and their dog' on Second Life, and also rather than contextually like XBL...and don't get me wrong, XBL is great, reliable and rather than seeing the person in a virtual world you see them in-game)....either way it's a wasted discussion because most people haven't spent the time on YouTube to watch the demonstrations (4 parts on YouTube btw) to actually see what Home will offer away from the Second Life comparison everyone is making it into.....Honestly I think 360 owners are just jealous or scared that they aren't getting the 'royal treatment' (we all know MS will follow Sony if Home meets expectations) because instead of pointing out Home's innovative ideas and needed features (i.e. Trophies), along with the fact that it's offered for free...they just decide to point out anything they see as being different/innovative and post negative comments about it, or they decide to pick out the integral parts/features of Home that are being used by MS or Nintendo and say that Sony is copying them....to me every console needs its moment to prove itself and bring to the table everything it can and this will be the year for Sony and from what I have seen so far it should be a good year...../rant

Last edited: 12 Oct 2007
  19. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

you mean next year... isnt home coming out next year?

but totally agree ^^^^

20. 2JSC

2JSC What's a Dremel?

I think an open beta is coming before Christmas, and the full release will be in the spring of 08.

Tags: Add Tags