1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

England France Semi-Final

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-23315, 13 Oct 2007.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

What a bloody game...

I've never been so horse or had my heart-pounding soo much from a single game...

just brilliant! Bring on the Final!

Oh, BTW it was England 14 - France 9

2. ỒĊBłůē

ỒĊBłůē Also available in black

It certainly wasn't a pretty game, was it?

You might want spoiler tags up there ^

3. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Awesome game, couldn't watch for the last 10mins though, head in hands stuff.

4. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

come on the greens ;)

5. liquid_gen

liquid_gen What's a Dremel?

I watched it. Alastor took the words right out of my mouth: it was an AWESOME game!!!

6. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

So close, great that we got through. I can remember people saying that we'd be lucky to get to the quarter finals. I can't believe we're in the finals its crazy. :)

7. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

GO IRE- oh wait...

*looks around at everyone else cheering for England*

lolz.

Well, at least it was a good game.

8. nazomcg

nazomcg Minimodder

Now we've got this far, we have to win the final. It would be so amazingly brilliant! Two world cups in a row, c'mon!!!

9. wiby645

wiby645 Minimodder

ppl underestimate england, there the current world champoins!! but noone mentions that, all they say is the opposing side is soo much better. u dont get the world cup for nothing. c'mon england

10. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Managed to miss most of it, because of work, but I managed to catch some of it in the canteen, when we were losing 6-5, and the end when I got in, and from what I did see, I have high hopes for the next game.

Question is, Argentina or South Africa next?

11. thefriscokid

thefriscokid why s**t so crazy?

not a big rugby fan but my god the final 10 mins was edge of your seat thrills!!!!!!

12. ElZog

ElZog Defeater of Satan's Transformo Sofa

Was a close match, england deserved the win in the end though, although overall I didn't find the match that exciting, not really supporting either team probably altered my perception of it. Had a good laugh when one of my mates started yelling at the screen for the drop goal, he really hates that style of play, says it isn't proper rugby. Dunno if overall england deserve to be world champions again based on their recent performance, but I reckon Argentina will pull a surprise win tomorrow and then England will beat them to become champs again.

13. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Wow. What a day.

Got back from watching Saints vs Doncaster with a sore throat from all the cheering (Saints got another 5 pt win - YAY!). Get home and in an attempt to lubricate my vocal cords I may have had one - or two - actually it may have been more pints.

Then the England match - Good lord, I thought it was all over until Worsley managed to get a hand to Chabal's ankle. And when Johny slotted the drop goal - well, safe to say all though we won the match, It's me that sounds like a frog this morning, due to not having a voice left and the galactic sized hangover.

But hey - it's all good. That's what they invented pain killers and English breakfasts for. :thumb:

COME ON ENGLAND:clap:

14. Tim S

Tim S OG

Awesome match and Worsley's tackle was a match winner. Wilkinson started to kick when it really mattered, too - the penalty he scored from the touch line was top draw. :rock:

15. oddball walking

oddball walking ...!

It was a brilliant match, I've just watched it and I must say the try was just brilliant(and fast).

Who do you want/would like England to be up against in the final?

Last edited: 14 Oct 2007
  16. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

We got the police called on us because the house we were at was being so rowdy. But it was worth it. I only watched about half of the match, but it was great.

17. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Come on South Africa!

18. iwog

iwog Linux cursed

Yeah but then you look at England's performance over the past 4 years and wonder how they managed to win the 2003 RWC in the first place. Since 2003 they haven't placed better than 3rd in the 6 nations. Whilst France have won it 3 times. So to be fair everyone was right to write England off especially after their performance in the groups, i mean nil points against RSA just doesnt cut it.

@oddball walking: i love england to play Argentina, as it would sum up this world cup. One of surprises and upsets.

19. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

20. Hells_Bliss

Hells_Bliss What's a Dremel?

The first 1:30 and the last 10 minutes were the ones to watch :p