1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wristfluid - bad wrist

Discussion in 'General' started by Lovah, 7 Sep 2002.

1. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Damn

Just got back from the doctor

I had this horrible pain in my wrist when I moved it for a while now ... like when I lifted something .. or moved it like .. totally up , or totally down

and I had this for a while .. but now It got wors

so I dicided to go to the doctor , u never know what it might be ..

so he examined my wrist

and as it turns out

I have this :

because of OVERUSING my wirst (like .. overpowering it ... uhm.. I dont know all the words he used in english .. but basicly it just means that I used it too much for too much hard stuff .. ..

and U have this "fluid" inside ur wrist (wristfluid, as he called it) and there is a .. thing around that .. and because of over using it , that "thint" ripped so the fluid could get out .. and it did ... and I have this little bubble on my hand ... and thats the wristfluid comming out

so , what to do about it ?

rest ALOT , use it for as little as possible (lucky enough its my left wrist and i'm right handed)... but typing is probebly not such a good thing to do .. but nothing keeps me away from bit-tech ! :) lol

and if it dosnt get better with rest

I may have to go into surgery .. then they make the thing "closed" again ... so the fluid dosnt get out anymore

and in most cases that would do the trick ...

so i'm on some painkillers now .. wich is cool :)

I just hope I dont have to go into surgery .. now that i'm that "scared" , just that I know surgeons screw up from time to time .. and I dont wanna have a wrist thats ****ed up for the rest of my life ..... I'm 17 for crying out loud (COL) lol :)

so thats my story
    and here is my question

has anybody had this before ? and had surgery ? how did it go ? does it still bother u now ? ...

all help / advice is welcome

- Lovah -

2. KMS-oul

KMS-oul You think you know me.

my friend has something similar. i think its called ganglian or something not too sure. he has this lump which is solid to the touch when infact its liquid build up. I dont think he has had any surgery , hes too lazy.

unlucky man hope it gets better.

3. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

omg

sounds naaaaasty :eeek:

Wtf is "wrist fluid"?

4. :: Dugy ::

:: Dugy :: Turkey

to many "quiet nights in" ? :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

5. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

you have a ganglian cyst i think, My mom had one. she used to be a computer person in the airforce and did LOTS of typing. she had them in both wrists. when they were removed they were each the size of eyealls.

6. Angel_of_Death

Angel_of_Death What's a Dremel?

cool.....eyeballs.

7. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Is this the same as carpal tunnel syndrome.
    I know someone that needed surgery on that and it was SORE.

Well no more left handed typing for you then

8. FreakOnALeash

FreakOnALeash What's a Dremel?

I have the exact same thing in my wrist its called a deep ganglian (sp?) caused by fluid leaking off of a tendon.

I've had all the advice u can get on mine from mri scans to consultations with wrist surgeons. Theres 2 main treatments either cut it out or remove the fluid with a needle and treat it with steroids.

Apparently the steroid treatment aint much use tho so surgical removal is the best option (or so I'm told)

According to my surgeon they usually go away over time but I do know how painful they can get so I intend to have mine removed when I get figure out if my medical insurance will cover it :sigh:

cool thing was cos I had my mri done privately I got to keep the scans :eeek:

9. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

*cough* pics *cough*
    :worried:

10. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

probably the same stuff thats in ur knee.....i busted my knee packets a few years ago and if ur hand will be anything like my knee all i can say is keep lots of booz around....ull want it....

11. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

I had a cyst on my hand once, noticed it when I first started playing tennis. After a few days I could barely pick up the racket, but the MD said it should go away and just flare up every few years for a week or so, so I figured I'd chance it and go without surgery.
    I had trigger finger in all my fingers when I was like 4, making me the only person under 45 to ever have it... kind of weird, but I'm still able to type 95+ wpm w/0 errors* I was in the hospital for weeks, and it kind of sucked, but you get lots of ice cream when you are a kid to shut you up, so I was fine with it :cooldude: Good luck on deciding what to do, and I hope all gets better. My advice is to make sure and get educated on what's going on with your body now, instead of waking up 20 years from now thinking "I wish I hadn't/had done that 20 years ago... stupid bit-tech advice..."

*NOTE: Please refrain from making a "how fast can you type" poll... that's just lame... (my fiancee would say all of this is lame, so I guess that's all perspective anyway) :p

12. FreakOnALeash

FreakOnALeash What's a Dremel?

13. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

Ok, that was just not very tactful on your behalf! :D

14. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

lmao!!!!!!

/me falls off his chair

15. miss_d_bus

miss_d_bus What's a Dremel?

Do you guys have RSI?
    I have it in my wrists but mostly in my left one. I can say it is very painful. My left wrist swells up for what seems like no apparent reason and then after some rest, it goes away. I think it is because I spend all day typing and using a mouse.
    Computing is quite a physical activity on the hands

16. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

My ex girlfriend used to complane about that, funny thing is that now weve broken up she seems to have passed it onto me :dude:

17. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

I get that same thing in my left wrist... I put on a neoprene brace on it and lay off it for a few days and it goes away... my brother has complained about the same thing... mine never really hurt, just made my wrist weak and sensitive.. I guess If I ever strained it while it was hurting it would smart a good bit but that never happened.

18. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

hehe

ive got none of that atm, lucky me huh?

although, my wrist does hurt a bit!

argh!!!! my hands fallen off!!!

its attacking me, ohgod no!!!!!!

/me dies

this is the hand, all you other hands out there, throw down the opressors of the arms and join me ina fight against other limbs everywhere!

19. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

Yeah I got RSI in my fingers, I cannot write anymore, anything more than 50 words and my hand aches like hell and my writing becomes impossible to decipher!

I do electical work from time to time and It hurts me to do too much wiring, fiddling with cables etc. It also hurts me to *cough* ahem *cough* build robots with lego mindstorms

20. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

You say it as if your ashamed, Phat. Come out of the closet! Join your Mindstorms bretheren!:D

Yep - I have Mindstorms too!