1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Project Gotham 4 Demo

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by D3s3rt_F0x, 9 Oct 2007.

1. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Just thought I'd create a thread for people to voice there opinions on the PGR4 demo just before the game comes out on friday, which Ive got on pre order from woolies for £30 :D

Im just in the process of finishing the download now so will get back with what I think soon

2. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I've got this downloading now, but I'm not sure I want it.

Not because I don't like the game, but because I don't want to spoil Friday night when I play it properly. Best racing series bar none in my opinion - PGR2 on the Xbox is probably in my top 5 games of all time purely because of the online portion of the game. I just wish they'd let you use less than supercar level of vehicles - some of the best racing to be had in PGR2 was in the smaller cars, and the Jap imports.

3. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

I had an email in my inbox this morning, to say mine had been sent (by Gameplay) :clap:

Unfortunately... when I actually receive the game, will all depend on when the Royal Mail decide to get back to work :sigh: :wallbash:

4. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

The demo is awesome, unfortunatley i can't afford to actually buy it this month, but i will defo be buying it.
    Its awesome to take a lotus around the Nurburg Half F1 in the snow, now that is quality.

Sam

5. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Going back to PGR3 from Forza2 was a bad experience for me so I think I will be ignoring this game.

6. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

I played the demo for about 10 minutes yesterday. Not really anything that I can't get out of Forza 2 and MotoGP 07.

7. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

I'll be getting it just cause its all about stupid going sideways action lol

8. Jamie

It's much more fun going sideways in Forza2 than in PGR3.

9. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

Yeah, after Forza 2 I've got to say the PGR4 demo really bored me. Sure, you can go sideways really easily, but that's what NFS-type games are for! Also, I have to say I was disappointed with the graphics. Considering the amount of time Forza has been out, it surprises me that the graphics in PGR4 are considerably worse (although admittedly there's a lot more fluff around the tracks than there is in FM2). I'm not a graphics whore, but (especially in photo mode) the cars themselves look shitty to the point of it being distracting.

...or maybe I just WANT to hate this because I've got so many other games that I need to buy!!

10. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Yet, i hated Forza with a pashion. Me and the game didn't get along for various reasons, and therefore PGR3 and now PGR4 are the racing games of choice for me on the 360.

Sam

11. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I bought PGR2 and got bored quick, I hate having to do the cones etc which you had to do. I just want to race. I gave PGR3 a try and even have 2 copies due to the fact I bought the wheel. I still have not got into PGR games and probably because they are dull and boring like alot of arcade games. I dont want to weave in and out of cones FFS.

If they made it so you go from race to race and the the cones were a seperate route so you dont have to do them if you dont want to, then ill try it again.

Although I will download the demo as im still a sucker because its a racing game and there isnt much choice on 360.

12. Jamie

Don't get me started on those bloody cone challenges :wallbash:

13. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I cannot comprehend thinking that Forza 2 had better graphics than PGR3. F2 graphics were gross, like a higher res Xbox game - nice game, great career mode and loads to do. But I personally think PGR3 had/has the superior online gameplay, graphics, and general racing experience.

14. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

PGR3/4 for the casual racer and FM2 for the hardcore. Im neither but i enjoyed the relaxing easygoing nature of PGR but i enjoy Forza for making me a better driver and also teaching me drifting.

15. fwalm

fwalm Minimodder

Bought PGR4 today, I think it will be back withing the week, I loved FM2 but just could'nt get into, the novelty of doing the Nurburgriing in snow on a motorbike will wear off extremely quickly. I think I will go back to Forza for a while, Halo aint fun by yourself.

16. Washfordmonkey

Washfordmonkey What's a Dremel?

only bought my xbox on sat.. and this was included...

its quite tricky in places!!

17. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Never really been bothered that much by racing games, I've got PGR3, RR6 and Burnout: revenge and they'll do for me.

Tags: