1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Form Factor Best AM2 matx motherboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by axscpu, 23 Feb 2007.

1. axscpu

axscpu What's a Dremel?

well as the title reads... which matx do you guys consder the best out there....it has to be matx :D

2. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

I don't know about "best" but two AMD AM2 to look hard at are Abit NF-M2 nView and Asus M2NPV-VM. Both will run Aero Glass with the built-in graphics.

3. axscpu

axscpu What's a Dremel?

those are the two I was looking at.... but I can't decide between them...

4. BUFF

BUFF What's a Dremel?

nF-M2 nView

5. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Reviews of each at motherboards.org

Get the manuals and check them out better. Depends what you want from the board. I'm seriously thinking of the Abit but there's not much in it.

6. axscpu

axscpu What's a Dremel?

I went with the gigabyte GA-M61PM-S2 which is single chipset and was the only high model matx they had in the store.... I was kind of hoping they had the abit in stock... but it doesn't bother me much as its not going to be a performace pc but a server pc.... but thanks guys for the effort

7. axscpu

axscpu What's a Dremel?

at the end I'm returning the gigabyte motherboard as its not compatible with my memory
    (well actually it does not allow me to set the timing or the voltage on the memory) which means i'm losing that extra I paid for, in buying the kingston hyper x...... so hopefully I will wait for the abit... which is the only on that allow memory tweaking

8. sackingz123

sackingz123 What's a Dremel?

if you lookin for a cheap am2 mobo. ecs geforce6100sm BABY!!

<-------overclocked 3800x2 and still running... :rock:

too bad it has only 2 ram slots :sigh: ..

9. axscpu

axscpu What's a Dremel?

one of the reason beside the memory issue with the gigabyte, is that the 6100 does not do hd acceleration while the 6150 does.... this pc is not going to be overclocked but it will be an htpc, so the tight timing is just for speed actually and not for overclocking...

10. axscpu

axscpu What's a Dremel?

just receive the abit motherboard but I think its broken because to start it up I have to press the power button eight to ten times until its starts up... is this normal on this motherboard or is there something wrong with my settings, im using the kingstons hyperX khx6400d2llk2/2gn which are low latency cas 4 at 2v, but spd is cas5.... so any sugestion?????

11. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

If you're having problems with hardware, always try default settings before concluding something is broken.

12. BUFF

BUFF What's a Dremel?

things to check are the PSU & the memory timings/voltage actually set by the board.

13. axscpu

axscpu What's a Dremel?

tested it with three diferent psu and four diferent pairs of memory... the thing is that with ddr2667 it doesn't even start up, so went back to the store and replaced it with a gigabyte which was much cheaper and will think about a video card for this machine... thanks so much for the help guys..... and abit has lost a customer :(

14. Koolpc

Koolpc Minimodder

I have the M2NPV-VM Mobo. Class board. Best as far as i am concerned. OnBoard graphics are ace.

15. polished skull

polished skull mini modder

have you guys heard about TA690G........?

i heard that its great for overclocking..

16. Cat_J

Cat_J What's a Dremel?

I've never used an Abit board that I thought to be anything above average and I've seen many break so I wouldn't use them either. Back in the day I used to use MSI who were reliable, just not many features. Now I swear by Asus though as they've been nothing but great.

I was going to try a Gigabyte but they're so ugly and I have a window in my case, shame really as they're supposed to be good but I'd have to look at it.

Tags: