1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Black Betty - Updated

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Jeroenotje, 15 Sep 2006.

1. Jeroenotje

Jeroenotje What's a Dremel?

Update! Haven't done a lot the past few days. I was frustrated. Someone had to pay for that:
    [​IMG]
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Yes. I couldn't :( . He's to cute. That makes me a weak person. AAaargh.

Remember this?
    [​IMG]
    orbital sanding
    [​IMG]
    Wetsanding.. Grid 600
    [​IMG]
    Grid 1200, Tried to take a picture of the reflection. Wat the h#ll?. ...
    [​IMG]
    I didn't need a mirror finisg this time. But it worked out great at this aluminium. Just a few deeper scratches, I don't care. It's just to reflect the lights of the LED's a bit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The DVD fronts, way to big..
    [​IMG]
    Drawed down.
    [​IMG]
    Done! :)
    [​IMG]
    Don't know what to do with these things atm. Just made these things smaller so I can mount new ones on top of them. I was thinking about UV-green acrylic, but maybe I can do better.

More polishing! I am not posting to show you 'look what I've made!'.. No, I want you guys to learn.
    These partst where to small. The holder and the side are done. The side holder is.. Messed up. I have to make a new one now. Actually, I wasn't able to sand this thing down all the way. And it was to small and detailed to fit under the bench grinder. This one picked up the material, that bends it and smashes it all around the room. Dangerous, it happend.
    [​IMG]
    There's a crack in the left corner on the right, see? That was caused by the bending by buffing wheel.. So, I need to make two new ones. And this time I need to polish the material before bending, or chrome it. I think it will be that first option ;) .
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In case you where wondering what I did last time... I got my theory licence for my drivinglicence. I got it today, picture is taken today to. LOL.
    [​IMG]
    Less offtopic sh!zz next time ;) .

2. Jeroenotje

Jeroenotje What's a Dremel?

UPDATE!

It has been a while. Let me show you something that might be interesting:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The alu gets hazy after a while. You have to repolish it after a while.
    [​IMG]
    That's a problem. How is this going to fit?

Bought some 'new' stuff:
    [​IMG]
    To speed up BB. There's 2x512mb and 1x1gb in it currently, all 400mhz, that's no high performance with my AthlonXP2400+.

Time for something new!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Homemade RAM-coolers :) . Mostly for the looks, howver performance would be nice to. There are wings with screwholes on it at the sides. If you have more ramsinks you can mount coolers etc on it :) . Usefull.
    The alu one:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Handmade :) . Filing is the key.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Polishing, kind of hazy :(. Couldn't get a picture of it. It's clearly to see irl.

[​IMG]
    Half bend with aluminium profiles in a vise. Taped down the outside.
    [​IMG]
    Done. It fits perfectly! * Still enjoying that moment*
    Bended over a piece of aluminium what had exaclty the right tickness. Just smash it with a hamer with a piece of wood between.
    But what's undeneath?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Weird haze.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I should have heated it while bending... The bend is not tight enough end it looks very haze. To bad. But hey, it's a prototype :) .
    How does this thing fit in a socket and how wil that look?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It's an old MSI board, with an old athlon and a VGA card. The motherboard is death. Anyway, you can see how it looks now. I can't wait to put this thing on my DFI board! Before I will do that, I am going to make some other versions. I'll tweak it a bit. Let me know what you guys think. I've missed the feedback after all this time of no updates. Oh, and let me know if you want to build a cooler like this yourself :) .

3. B[x]

B[x] What's a Dremel?

Good to see this project back in the works.

4. DoOb's

DoOb's Overclocker/Modder

Impressive mate, keep it up.