1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble calibrating Piranha PC55 racing wheel

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ReFredzRate, 27 Oct 2007.

1. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

Hey guys, been a while since I posted, but I'm back with another problem ;)

I've bought this Piranha PC55 racing wheel, but it just won't be perfectly aligned. When I'm calibrating the pointer is incredibly shaky. When I turn the wheel it's so darn shaky... Just not able to drive with it. Besides that, when I steer to the left and return the wheel into the original position, it bumps all the way back to the right and then centres again. Same goes for steering to the right, when I put the wheel back in centre it bumps one time to the far left and then centres again...

Help me... :(

2. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Change the sensitivity? Thats what i'd be doing...
    What game are you using it on? If its GTR2, i'd wack some small deadzones on too.

3. ReFredzRate

It's not just in games.

If I try to calibrate it just in Windows I get a pointer shibbering all over the place as well.

Games I was going to play with it are LFS and NFS... Been messing around with the wheel for about 8 hours now, not feeling like gaming anymore :(

4. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

its probably the potentiometers inside. may need some cleaner sprayed on the inside. im guessing its gameport? another big reason for the jitters. if you are willing id buy new potentiometers and convert it to USB.

check out the message boards at www.rscnet.org and look for the 'building cockpits and wheels' section. may not be tittled exactly like that but very close. thats an awesome place for help with this.

5. ReFredzRate

Sorry mate, the bugger is USB :( But still a good idea if I cant get my money back though.

6. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

ok. then i'd try opening it up and spray some cleaner in the potentiometers. the cleaner to use is what people often called contact cleaner. get it from Radioshack or similar store.

maybe some wires are messed up. usually there isnt much problem with USB. just gameport.

im building myself a steering wheel, pedals, and shifter and im makin it USB. my old one i built was gameport and terrible jitters when calibrate. couldnt use it well.