1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lexmark Printer Problems!!!

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by rswami92, 25 Oct 2007.

1. rswami92

rswami92 What's a Dremel?

I have a Lexmark X75 all-in-one printer.
    Have been having problems with it for a while now. It doesn't seem to want to print anything no matter what it is. The computer just comes up with an error message saying the printer is not connected properly. I have disconnected and connected it again and still the same message appears.
    I have then gone onto the Lexmark website, downloaded the driver and still nothing has happened.
    Scanning on the printer seems to be fine and appears on the screen, but when it comes to printing...nothing.
    Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks :thumb:

2. Arthur2Sheds

Arthur2Sheds Jackson

How is it connected? What OS are you running?

3. rswami92

definitely i can get scans, but no printing. Windows XP...its for a friend

4. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

USB or parallel?

5. rswami92

usb mate, i think it could be a hardware error though and something in the printer is messed up.

6. Tsen

Tsen Steeped In Romance

It's a Lexmark. Expect problems. I'll never, ever buy one of their products again. Just be glad you're not running Linux...

7. Shielder

Shielder Live long & prosper!

Seconded Tsen. I won't buy Lexmark again. Thought they were the bee's knees until I had to replace the cartridges. Now I use a Canon printer and spend ~£5 on a cartridge instead of £25. Still got a problem with Linux, but I'm working around that by getting a new HP printer...

Andy

8. Arthur2Sheds

Arthur2Sheds Jackson

If you've deleted the printer altogether and reinstalled it with fresh drivers from Lexmark, tried another USB port on the computer just for giggles, cried, etc., I think you're now down to faulty hardware.

9. Drachnem

Drachnem Minimodder

As the one other guy said above, I work in computer retail and Lexmark has the highest failure rate and are returned very often. I would avoid these all together if at all possible.