1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays What 22" monitor would you suggest?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 8igdave, 22 Oct 2007.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Currently, either get a Samsung 226WB or whatever its called, or one of the new 22" Viewsonics...

2. Cat_J

Cat_J What's a Dremel?

I'm not sure exactly of the differences between the pebble and the 226BW (which is the one I went for) but they look pretty much similar apart from the case. Whatever I say go with the Samsung over the Dell.

Also if you get the 226BW get an articulating arm. Its not essential but the crappy stand lets down the amazing screen and with an arm you can move it about all over the place to your comfort. They're not that much to buy either.

3. Prophet

Prophet Minimodder

Im still trying to decide, The 226BW, The Pebble or the 215TW. I cant decide if the drop to 21" for the nicer panel on the samsung is for me. Smaller pitch would be nicer i spose and you get ALOT of inputs on the 215. My main drawback atm is i cant seem alot of info onthe pebble. Would be ncie to see the difference between the pebble and the older 226BW, I im wondering about the whole panel lottery on the 226BW although alot of people still seem to highly rate even the lesser a screens as very good, Would be nice for an S tho i spose.

Last edited: 23 Oct 2007
  4. Cat_J

Cat_J What's a Dremel?

They're not lesser screens, some of them just need an edited config file to adjust the colours.

5. Prophet

Prophet Minimodder

Last edited: 23 Oct 2007
  6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

just gave him a visit. and my god that Samsung Pebble monitor look good on the outside. the LG L226WTQ is just too boring.

but the image quality is identical, although i still thinks i've got a better display mainly because he has his 22inch hooked up to a laptop for multimedia (although he didn't have HD video for me to test) and work, and i play Crysis Beta and every single game on maximum on my computer along with watching HD quality videos.

7. Googler

Googler What's a Dremel?

8. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Only problem I've had with the Pebble so far is the fact that it's not adjustable. At all. The monitor sits on the stem/neck at a slight angle, probably 10/15deg, and although it's perfect like that for me anyway, you may wish to consider if you're going to be sitting at the desk all the time with it.

<A88>

9. Cat_J

Cat_J What's a Dremel?

This is why I always say get an articulating arm for decent screens because they quite often come with crappy stands.

10. 3dHeli

3dHeli What's a Dremel?

I also suggest avoiding TN panels unless on budget . . . PVA or S-IPS is preference for me, with the S-IPS particularly for colour critical work.

11. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Can anyone link one of these fabled adjustable arms in a store? They sound useful, I might need one w/ my next monitor.

12. Nohawk

Nohawk What's a Dremel?

13. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

which of the PVA or S-IPS would you recommend?

14. 3dHeli

3dHeli What's a Dremel?

NEC monitors are great for colour and bigger budgets.

Also phillips (zero defect warranty) and samsung.

15. JazzXP

JazzXP Eh! Steve

Another vote for the 226BW... I love mine (I've got the C panel). If you want to save money though, get the Chimei/CMV 22" screen (221D I believe), it's the same panel as the Samsung. I got one for my girlfriend a few weeks ago and the picture looks the same as mine (as you'd expect). The bezel doesn't look as nice though IMO.

Tags: