1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Leopard unveiled for Apple Macs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 26 Oct 2007.

1. RTT

RTT #parp

What? OS X has always had a start button! :confused:

2. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

I got my mac book pro from Apple refurb, does that mean I am entitled to the cheap upgrade?

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Wanna know a sweet secret? The show-all-windows Expose' (F9 by default?) works when you're in the spaces overview. It's window management on steroids. And yeah, I don't even understand how they get that kind of stuff to run as smoothly as they do - not that I'm complaining.

All these people saying they made it more pretty like Vista clearly haven't even contemplated trying it. Don't get me wrong - Vista has its upsides and I still think it handles network shares a lot better (as far back as I can remember this has been the case... even Win98 or so handled network shares better than Leopard) which is a pet peeve of mine, and let's not forget gaming. But stuff like quick look, in-icon document previews, and all that good stuff is just SO much better than any previous implementation on any platform.

I must say that my wireless connection seems a touch less stable than before upgrading, however I've been pushing a LOT more data through it in the last week or so and recently replaced my router, so that may not be the fault of the new software. And TBH, Vista was exactly the same way for me when I'd upgraded my PC.

4. K

K 528491

Sweet tip mate, I'll have to try that on Wednesday with hundreds of windows open in all 16 spaces on the Mac Pro :D

5. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

already got windows XP boot camped on my OSX, anyone know if upgrading to Leopard will affect my original installation?

for the sake of argument, thery're pretty much both as good as each other in terms of daily use, but max OSs provide me a helluva lot less hassle and grief. mac for daily use, windows for games :D make peace, not silly platform wars (sorry, far too tired to come up with a suitably funny ending line...)

6. K

K 528491

sotu1: All you'll need to do is install some new drivers in XP from the Leopard disc once you've upgraded from 10.4 to 10.5. No problemo.

And I totally agree with your end point. I'm on an XP machine right now after about 3 hours of Counter-Strike. Dunno what I'd do without it.

7. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I only ran boot camp for steam :)

8. marscay

marscay What's a Dremel?

in terms of desktop candy, i'll take Compiz-Fuzion anyday of the week over OSX or Vista.

it's free and smoking fast and stable with the latest build....what's more you can tinker to your hearts content.

Vista/XP for gaming and linux for destop suits me just fine.

Tags: Add Tags