1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Tuniq Tower 120

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 1 Nov 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Last edited by a moderator: 1 Nov 2007
  2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Very formative review for just one heatsink...

3. Hells_Bliss

Hells_Bliss What's a Dremel?

link points to mozilla article...

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Ta, fixed :D

5. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Does it come in green, red and blue varieties?

6. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

:duh:

7. Major

Major Guest

My first thoughts where...

Where is the Thermalright Ultras? :)

8. drakanious

drakanious What's a Dremel?

"Where is the Thermalright Ultras? :)"
    I'd like to see a REAL review of the Thermalright FX-14--I've only been able to find 2 reviews, and they're both in German (I can read German, actually, but I don't know if I can trust the sites.)

9. Kahuna513

Kahuna513 What's a Dremel?

Although informative, you spend far too long going on about how hard it is to thread a few wires through a slot 25mm thick, yet you fail to mention how it's impossible to mount with the correct sideways orientation on some motherboards [MSI nForce 4, anyone?], bends capacitors on others [Asus P5n SLi] and how the base plate is so large it has a tendency to cover any small electronics surrounding the CPU socket, let alone the fact that it's almost impossible to take the PSU out without removing the tower if you happen to own a smaller sized ATX case.
    Oh, and the thumb screws break if you're not careful.
    Saying that, I've come across all of the above issues and don't care =)
    Just a heads up.

10. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

hum..... i was going to upgrade to this because my Zalman 9500 LED can't keep my 3.2Ghz overclocked q6600 cool below 60c :(

would this be able to do it? or do i need something better? (aka the best) Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme?

11. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Nice review.. The only problem being THIS AIN'T THE 8800GT REVIEW EVERYONE'S WAITING! What's taking so long, hasn't there been enough whipping?

12. bluep3ace

bluep3ace What's a Dremel?

great review...only a year late...

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I hadn't thought of that. It mounted just fine on the range of recent motherboards I had to hand!?

And it maybe a year late, but people asked how it compared so we did it :p

The thumb screws are meaty brass jobbies! They shouldn't break. And the size issue is the same with almost every aftermarket cooler these days :)

We do have a Thermalright in, maybe I'll do it next week given time.

14. Jodiuh

Jodiuh What's a Dremel?

I'm not sure what happened in your review, but I've found the Tuniq to be one of the best HSF's around. Great mount, quiet, killer performance.

15. BigD79

BigD79 Gadding about...

pmsl!!

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

How many other heatsinks have you used? :) Everything is comparative and some people have a greater tolerance to noise or have a more insulated case etc. The mount is good - I liked it, but as said above ^^ some people found incompatibilities I didn't. Some other sites liked it more, but that's the benefit of consumer choice and alternative points of view :) If you like it, then fair enough :thumb: Better that then to read a review that says it's good and find you don't like it :p

Jipa - my arm got tired :'(

17. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

I've used the TT, SI, and Freezer 7 pro.

Freezer was most user friendly and best bng for buck....but overall I'd pick the Scyth Infinity out of the lot, been great..............although I do wish all coolers would use the TT mounting bracket as I hate the pushpins.

18. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

I have one, bought it before this review. Saddly it's just too loud for me - though the case it's in is bad for noise anyway (I just haven't made time to move it - though maybe I'll use some ducting instead.)

19. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    The TRUE120 is currently the king of heatsinks. If you can, go for it.

20. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

Really?

I hated my Scythe Infinity for several reasons. It did have awesome cooling performance, but on balance I find the Freezer 7 much better. When the Infinity fell off when I was moving my case that was it - I placed the order on scan the same day. I'm not going to risk trashing a £200 graphics card because they gave me plastic pushpins (that you can't reach cos the bottom fins are so low), for the sake of a bit better cooling.

But like the reviewer said everyone has their own take on these things. I actually like the look of the tuniq tower as it has a proper mounting solution.

Tags: Add Tags