1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple What is my iPod touch missing?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ./^\.Ace./^\., 2 Nov 2007.

1. ./^\.Ace./^\.

./^\.Ace./^\. What's a Dremel?

Now don't get me wrong, I love my new 8GB iPod touch and the iPhone is cool to but don't you feel that there is something missing :sigh:
    There are a few apps and soft wear that would be great to have but are not on the newest toy from Apple :D
    Here is just a little list of things that I would like to see come the the iPod Touch and the iPhone:
    1. Flash Player
    2. Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
    3. Adobe Acrobat (.PDF Reader)
    4. The ability to read all web picture formats
    5. Direct web download
    6. Some kind of high light, copy, and paste
    7. All apps be able to rotate, not just a select few
    8. Updates threw Wi-Fi not just iTunes
    That only what I think at least, now I know that not all of them are posible but they would be cool :D
    I know that some of you have the iPhone and can tont the people that have the iPod because there are less apps and no Maps but hopfuly that will change later :thumb:
    Does anyone else think there should be some other cool stuff for the iPod Touch and iPhone :confused:

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

1) Translates to more ads on the web, by and large
    2) The iPhone opens .doc and .xls read-only fine; not .ppt as far as I know. Oddly, I don't think Apple's own iWork files open at all, which is quite strange. Editing would certainly be nice, at least for documents and spreadsheets - I don't see presentations being too editable on a small touchscreen. In any case, is this not the case on the Touch?
    3) See above
    4) What formats aren't working?
    5) Agreed
    6) Absolutely wholeheartedly agreed
    7) A couple apps would be awkward rotated, but yes
    8) Third-party apps via Installer.app (jailbreakme.com right now) already do this, but I don't think I'd trust a firmware update to WiFi and batteries.

After having installed Installer.app I haven't found anything missing thanks to third-party stuff. I've got some crappy games, a very solid e-Book reader, an interface customerizer, IM client, app launcher, etc. Heck, even a GPS-ish thing (very dependent on cell signal and obviously wouldn't work on the touch, but quite accurate when it works), and the voice recorder app is nice as well.

The only other thing I'd like to see is proper Notes and To-Do syncing (and, oh yeah, To-Dos - the third party one sucks, last I checked). As Leopard handles it as mail messages in a special folder, it can't be that hard - again, at least for the iPhone (yay being connected everywhere), though I'm sure it could sync up just as easily on the touch when docked.

3. cire9753

cire9753 What's a Dremel?

its an ipod not a pocket pc, editing powerpoint files etc. is probably not going to happen. at least not on this version

4. ./^\.Ace./^\.

If I go to ASUS's site the picture at the top of the page doesn't work and I get a little lego block with "?" on it...
    I know that I can add more apps buy unlocking the iPod touch but I also know that I would kill the worenty on it if I do...
    Yes the iPhone can read Word and Excel Files, but not edit. The iPod touch can't even do that, so I would at least like to see reading Word and Excel...
    Now every one must agree that the iPod touch and iPhone need Flash and some kind of .PDF reader...

5. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Flash?

6. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Looks to me like you bought the wrong device.

I love my ipod touch, it does everything my last ipod did and more.

7. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

yeah pretty happy with my ipod touch too :D its proper cool :p.

would be cool to get a version of msn on it or something like that but apart from that it owns :p

8. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

Another vote here for using the iPod as a cool media player/web browser and using a pocket PC or something similar for a mobile computer. (Maybe one of the Nokia n810's?)

9. ./^\.Ace./^\.

I love my iPod touch as well but people will always want more from evey thing...
    There must be something that you wish it did...

Tags: