1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TribalOVERKILL's LiquiD EVOLUTION

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by tribaloverkill, 3 Jun 2007.

1. Teyber

Teyber ******

seriously man whats there to say? i can't think of any words that do this justice...

2. tribaloverkill

tribaloverkill Who needs sleep,... bah.

Ha dude,... your ! was good enough. Seriously.

3. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

damn, i miss a lot when i dont check threads every hour.
    anyways, those Darths look amazing.

4. theAlien

theAlien I know what a Dremel is....

those Resevoirs are awesome ..................... :thumb:
    I would take the red one , it's beatiful ...........

Alan

5. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

All the people that have voted less than a five star should be banned from Bit-tech :D

6. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I think it was just that one whiny monkey who didn't de-pressurize his system voted 1 star or something...

7. Teyber

Teyber ******

Or have their IP removed somehow....
    ahhh exactly :D

8. tribaloverkill

Hey guyz thanks for the compliments! I have an update but didnt get to post it. I was tired as hell. I built a test rig the other day to test these things out. I hooked up the red one first and its wasn't really spinning. Its weird actually,... because when I was filling it the water being poured in fromt he top of the res was enough to kind of get it going. Even the large bubbles coming up into the res was enough to make it move but not spin. I turned the pump on and it wanted to spinng but it looked like it was caught up a bit. It was turning but would like randomly pause a bit but it kept turn. I am pretty sure its the copper rod. I had to sand the copper rod down to get it to fit inside the shaft. well im thinking that I didnt sand it down enough. before I tested it the sFX would turn while holding it in my hand but it still seemed a bit resistant. Just a bit. I didnt think it would be a problem but apparently it is.

I could see a tiny vortex inside the reservoir from the jet of water flowing against the prop so I know I have enough pressure. In my test rig I am running all dangerden stuff. Its all my old blackout watercooling stuff. Of this stuff i have a dd heatercore, NV68 videocard block, a CPU block, NB block, and a laing D4 pump with 1/2"ID tubing. I think this is a good setup for testing. So I am goign to stop there in the morning after work to get it working. I forgot my camera at home so I wont be able to get video today:(

Also,... I had some small leaks from the LED plug o-rings. I think I tightened them to much. I have to make sure those are fine. I dont see that being a problem because I mean,... there using o-rings,... how could they not seal?!?! I dont know. All the other o-rings sealed like champs, the body and shaft o-rings. so thats good news.

I finished DB's dualies too:) They came out nice!!! They are small and tight as hell looking! Like little red bull cans, LOL. The ports are close as hell together. Gettign the tygon on is kinda of a P.I.A. If you use a bit to lube and put them on together they will go on just fine. Thin clamps or ties is a must. But it looks so good though! I took pics of he tygon on the res. I only hooked two fittings up. Whats cool is that if you use all for ports,... the diameter of the tygon is just about as wide as the reservoir itself. Looks bad ass.

9. tribaloverkill

Ok,... dualies are done. There's a problem with the sFX's though. They wont turn. I know why they wont turn. I order some more material that I have to wait a couple of days to get it because mcmaster doesnt have it. So,... in the mean time I will be working on a mounting system. Wait till you see what I came up with:) You know people ask wher eI get my ideas from,... the mounting system, I got that idea on the floor. LOL. I was laying down at the studio trying to sleep becuase I was so damn tired. As I was falling asleep I saw some o-rings that I bought that were to big for what I was going to use them for. They were going to be used to seal up the reservoirs. Anyways,... the o-rings are 2.5" in diameter. I have no use for them. For a while now I was thinking,... what the hell can I do with those. I have like 50 or 100 of them! So thats when it hit me,... to mount the reservoirs. You know,... as im writing this now,... I do remember someone asking me if they were to mount the reservoirs,... I cant remember who though?!?!? Anyways,... intially i wasnt goign to use them to mount the reservoirs. But now,... it's actually a great idea. BUT you have to see what I have planned. Its perfect! I needed a mounting system where I could mount shields but for those who dont want shields,... I didnt want it where there are like unused thread-serts showing. You know what I mean? So this mounting system is going to be pretty neat. I'll be starting it tomorrow. Going to rest today.

Nov-06-2007

DB's dualies,... glued.
    [​IMG]

Very nice seal!
    [​IMG]

Ends rounded and excess sanded away.
    [​IMG]

Polished. CyberDruid is right,... glued reservoirs are still the S@#$! They look like jewls or something,...
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

LED plugs.
    [​IMG]

Fittings. OH,... DB, these reservoirs aren't coming with the fittings. I use them for pics and sizing up,... you on your own with that. These fittings are close as hell! I hope I can get the damn hoses on!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Yup:) They are close as hell together but you can get them on. Thats 1/8" thick primoflex I think its called? I dont know.
    [​IMG]

I had to use a smidge of lube to get them on. They have to go on together at the same time. I think you can get them on one by one but a lube is needed. I love how the total width of the hoses is about the same as the res itself.
    [​IMG]

Thats tight. But nice.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ok,... so it either this, which is most likely going to be how they are arranged.
    [​IMG]

This or,...
    [​IMG]

This. Nah,.... in the middle is fine.
    [​IMG]

Now,... I am thinking about having the dualies,... prependicular straight up or like this, angled out. I have to make up my mind now because once the shields are made, I cant turn them after. So yea.
    [​IMG]

Here they are angled inward which is cool but the inner chamber will be hidden.
    [​IMG]

Building a test rig.
    [​IMG]

Drilled, countersunk, and ready to be installed.
    [​IMG]

Very cool looking. I need to make a wooden case some day. But I want to make one that holds itself together like that one case, I forgot it's name.
    [​IMG]

A bead of glue just for some extra strength.
    [​IMG]

MY old Backout gear. I have to get new gear. This stuff is old as hell.
    [​IMG]

DB's ready to be tested,...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now as said before,... the res's failed. I do not want to go into details as to why because,... well. It's a long story. I'm going to make a special part once I get my stuff in the mail and that will be that. I'm going to work on the mounting system while im waiting. Plus I have two more xPO's to fix,... S@#$.

10. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

sorry to hear the res failed, but it looks sick. so, hope you get it working.

11. tribaloverkill

Thanks man. I just went to purchase to more acrylic tubing just to find out they done have what I need. I need 2-1/8"OD x 2"ID acrylic tubing to make this fix work without having to remake any of the parts I already made. I might be able to make my own 2-1/8"OD x 2"ID peice but its not practical for the company I think seeing that this is not a readily available size. I think I'm screwed.

12. Thrillseekah

Thrillseekah What's a Dremel?

Can you give the size in cm? or mm? Sorry not so good at the inches to mm (*dont know the correct differrents). I`ll check some shops here in holland.

13. theAlien

if I may help with the conversions:

1" inch = 25.4mm = 2.54cm..........

......and this Site has all the conversions you'll need .........

Alan

14. Thrillseekah

Good tnx Alan,

2.36220 Inch OD and 2.20472 Inch ID would that be any good?

15. theAlien

that would be:
    2.36220 Inch OD = 60mm = 6cm
    and
    2.20472 = 56mm = 5.6cm

is that the stuff you can get?.........

.........yes it would be good

Alan

Last edited: 8 Nov 2007
  16. tribaloverkill

Thats to big. I need for the OD, no bigger than 2.125" with an ID of 2". Now,.... the thing is that if I use any other size I have to remake everything. There will be complications involved with making all new parts too. Complications such as having the reservoirs OD be a bit larger then the typical 2.5".Is that a big deal?!?!? having the reservoirs OD being slightly larger?!?! The other compplication would be that I would have to move all the ports on the end caps closer which would probably mean no compression fittings. What do you guys think about the slightly larger OD though,... I jsut checked and the next typical size is 2-3/4". You think thats to big for a typical reservoir?

17. theAlien

To me it looks like he wants to build his own res and if he matches the other parts to the size it can work.....don't you think .....

Alan

18. Thrillseekah

I think a bit bigger OD would not be a problem. Just be sure there are nice clamps to fit it in a case or make someting to get it in a case.

For this kind of special products people dont care about a few mm more OD the care about function and looks. Specialy looks.

19. theAlien

I think it's because the coolant flows in from the bottom and it has to flow out of the bottom too,turbulences at the bottom are stopping the spin ..................

Alan

Last edited: 10 Nov 2007
  20. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I think theAlien pegged it. I was wondering about that too when you made the end cap, but like an idiot, I forgot about it.