1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Shows Top Gear 11-11

Discussion in 'General' started by DarkReaper, 12 Nov 2007.

1. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

It was a great episode, jet-man was brilliant but I loved the bit when the Stig read the Hamilton article. :D

But now that they have had cowell claim the top spot in star in a reasonably priced car they need to get Jodie Kidd & JK back on the show, Let the competition commence.

2. weasal

weasal What's a Dremel?

from where

Last edited: 12 Nov 2007
  3. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Not saying the jet guy wasn't cool, it was, but what's the point? It doesn't really show anything about the car. it's just lets do this and get onto the main segment of the show.

I'd be more worried about my back if i was asked to strap them on. All that thrust can't be good for you.

4. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Just watch Best Motoring if you want to cut Top Gear's dramatic s*** and enjoy motoring performance. Worked for me.

5. Cinnander

Cinnander What's a Dremel?

Pretty good episode, I agree with the sentiments that they seem to be doing just more "daft" stuff: There's a freeview channel called Dave which is showing TG reruns all the time, and seeing the old (2002, 3, 4) and the new simultaneously does put in perspective how much the show has changed. There used to be a lot of 'short' car reviews (e.g. here's the new Focus, quick road test, bit of discussion, what else is available for the price, etc) which don't surface very often now - seems to be a lot more 'challenges' and races, etc. which take up a lot of time.
    Not saying I don't like the (I guess) last two series', but it does strike me they might be running out of ideas a bit (we've had the Toyboata thing twice now).

Oh and for anyone getting ideas, those jet engines looked distinctly like the sort some use on model aircraft, which are about £1500-2000 a pop, run on a mixture of propane and kerosene and have an top speed of about 110,000 RPM... In fact I wonder if the gyroscopics of the engines made it easier to not end up a tangled, bloody and singed mess on the runway.
    As for the Aston... <3 You will be mine.

6. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

Nah, a car is much better. None of this getting wet business :)

7. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

Try the forum at finalgear.com. They have lists of songs from most episodes there :)

8. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I think flywheels and the like work on the plane they are aligned to (horizontal), it it'd just be really hard to turn.
    Then again, why would you even try turning at 120mph on those?

9. sn1p3r

sn1p3r What's a Dremel?

I really don't care what people think or say I just love the show

10. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

With the jet guy...I think stoppping would be the main problem. he stood up to get presumably as much air braking as poss, but the bearings would have to be seriously good for that speed/size, so wouldn't offer much for braking naturally - if he puts too much pressure on his brakes he's going to face plant that tarmac!

Tags: