1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Noob At DVD Burning...please help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by DSquareD, 11 Nov 2007.

1. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

I don't intend to sound condescending, lol, but is the target write-to actually your burner? I know in Nero you can write to the 'image drive', or just your HDD. Same thing with Shrink, I believe.

2. DSquareD

DSquareD What's a Dremel?

now the latest devlopment in this is that i was busy trying to write the movie onto a new disc with nero (and dvd shrink) and it was all going well till it got bout 20-30% done. it just ejected the dvd from the drive and didnt give an error message or anything...it just stops and freezes but the ellapsed time still counts up.

3. DSquareD

as far as i can see it is...i know it gives u the options of either of my drives (the dvd writer or the cd burner) or it gives u the option to the HDD but mine is set to my DVD burner....

4. E.E.L. Ambiense

Perhaps your burner is bad. Have you tried restarting to see if it's the OS? Have you checked the physical connection from the drive to the mobo? Is it IDE? If it is, is it slaved to something else or is it mastered or cable-select? Have you tried another connection (if you have one available)?

I'm just brainstorming out loud here.

5. DSquareD

thanx for ur dedication to helping me man

well im not 100% sure on all of that stuff im very bleak with this kinda thing. my burner has burnt dvds before.
    the OS is fine because ive tried restarting a few times. i havnt checked the actual connection to the mobo but last time i cleaned the inside of my rig it was still fine and connected. will have to check that out.
    i would assume its IDE.
    Im not sure bout if its slaved to something else or if its mastered and i donno wot cable-select is/?
    i dont have any other connections so im stuck with this one.

6. E.E.L. Ambiense

Hey, no problem bro. That's what we're all here for! And we've all had problems before with computers...some of us still do...:grr:

Yeah, I've had occasional issues over the years with things like this. Turns out it's usually a bad IDE cable, IME. :hehe: A lousy 3 dollar part can ruin someone's whole weekend.

It could be any number of things, but you should start at the bottom and work your way up. IDE cable is a great starting point.

7. DSquareD

so u think i should check the connection first? if its just hooked up right? how else can i check the connection?

8. E.E.L. Ambiense

It's a starting point. I generally will replace the cable itself first to see if that makes any difference, then go from there.

9. DSquareD

so its just a normal IDE cable that i need to replace (with what money i dont know lol...im broke as hell.)
    any other suggestions maybe?