1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official Bit-Tech F1 2007 Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by GreatOldOne, 27 Nov 2006.

1. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

There is already a freeze on engine development until 2010, which isn't a bad thing for Honda as the engine is the only part of there car that actually wants to go round the track fast. The rest is convinced it's a shopping trolley, one that has been stuck in the lake for at least a year at that.

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I must have misheard, what do they call "engine development" then, seems a bit vague

3. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Any development of the engine block itself, so there will be no more power coming from the engine boys in the next couple of seasons. All the speed increases will come from the aero side of things.

4. identikit

identikit Minimodder

Surely you mean FIA supplied, Ferrari designed and built by McLaren? :hehe:

5. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

That and whatever the boffins can do with KERS:

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41179

Now I assume that KERS is Kinetic Energy Retrival System - something that was proposed along with the 1.5ltr Turbo engines. The change in capacity has been dropped, but energy storage is still on the cards.

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=135361

6. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Yes KERS is the re-use of energy poured into the brakes under load. The idea is relatively simple, a percentage of the energy poured into the brakes while they are under load will be stored and re-used to give a extra burst of speed along the straights. The system would most definetly make overtaking more exciting because everyone will have to be very tactical with there use of this 'turbo' button.

7. GreatOldOne

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Good news.

9. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

YIPEE!!!!!!!!!

Also, we need to see Heikki Kovalainen get the second McLaren seat. He and Hamilton are good friends, they have raced each other for years and Kovalainen is a very fast driver who would push Hamilton.

10. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Hmm, this could be interesting. How will a world class driver do in a not quite a world class team?

11. GreatOldOne

I dunno. There are rumours that he may sit out a year in a smaller team, only for him to get a seat at Ferrari in 2009 when Luca gives Massa a stunning amount of cash to walk.

Also on the grapevine - the second seat may go to - wait for it... RALPH! Gah no. Any German but him. But as my mate said, "At least he and the rest of the world will know he's a No. 2" :lol:

12. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I'd like to see him go to Red Bull alongside Coulthard or Webber, the one that leaves goes to Renault and Kovalainen goes to fill Alonso's spot.

13. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

Look at how Jensen Button has done this last couple of seasons, to answer that question :idea:

14. identikit

identikit Minimodder

That would have to be one heck of a wedge of cash to get any driver to walk from Ferrari.

(Also it's spelt Ralf)

15. alastor

alastor Minimodder

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

17. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

I was rather shocked to see him move over to Honda. Will be interesting to see what he can do for the team, they are really struggling.

18. UncertainGod

UncertainGod Minimodder

Honda MUST have something special for next year if they managed to get Brawn to join them.

19. ỒĊBłůē

ỒĊBłůē Also available in black

Oh dear! They're still at it.

I realise there's plenty at stake (£££), but don't they know that nobody wants to see the championship decided this way - clicky

20. GreatOldOne

Still at it? Eh? This is just the same appeal that was announced weeks ago - it's just been moved from Paris to London due to the communists disrupting the transport system... :)

I agree no one wants to see the title decided like this (not even Lewis or Ron, if they're to be believed) - but I find it odd that the McLaren QC immediately asks for exclusion and reclassification. That's going for the title, not seeking redress for an infringment.

I don't think anything will come of this. Of more importance is the Renault / McLaren case, where Flav was ferociously vocal for punishing McLaren for having Ferrari data - only to change his tune completely when Renault where found to have just as much data or more on the 2006 & 2007 McLaren...

Double standards, Mr Briatore, or do you not fancy having a $100m fine? Hmmm? :D

(Proabably the later - he's probably strapped for cash after forking out for QPR)

Tags: