1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Crysis

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 16 Nov 2007.

1. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

@cyrus7b, "@mrbno1, I don't want to call you a liar".....feeel free. I made a mistake when i went back to check for another member, all settings were on high, not ultra high so my bad, but still, if you were thinking of buying the game and have a similar rig to me, then do it, the game runs lovely on it with x8aa and high settings in a fairly decent widescreen resolution. I brought my pc round a mates last night as he wanted to see what the game was like and we played it on his 40" samsung hdtv and it looks good there too....much easier to kill enemies too as they are alot bigger on his tele than my 20.1inch dell :p

peace

2. Tim S

Tim S OG

Interesting... I seem to remember having some crazy encounters with the mouse, but nothing that I felt really broke the game. I don't tend to play FPS games on very low or very high sensitivities though - I'm usually somewhere in the middle. I move the mouse, but I'm neither a twitch gamer or an arm gamer (i.e. moving the mouse 30cm for a full turn like the OP in that thread). I'd say a full turn for me is probably 10-15cm. :)

3. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

12cm for full turn - the size of my mousemat is equal to a half turn so I can have easy tactile info to tell me how much to move.

4. darklord of chaos

darklord of chaos What's a Dremel?

well had a bash at crysis this moring for an hour or so no crashes smooth as anything looks so good got killed a few times as i was taking in the view can run on very high on my system ( Q6600, 8800 ultra, 4gig ram, stock speeds ) I have to say the boys over at crytek have done a really good job.

5. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

[bioshockofftopic]
    The problem for me is the acceleration. If am just wandering around inspecting the enviroment making no sudden mouse moves its ok. When I meet a Big Daddy, though, a 45º move turns out to be a 50-55º move, so I need to compensate with another move, that also needs to be compensated, etc.
    Its playable but not perfect and it makes my hand/wrist hurt. The only game that accomplishes that.
    You just cant get into the games atmosphere if only manage to play 15-20 minutes at a time.
    [/bioshockofftopic]

6. knowyourenemy

knowyourenemy Professional Winner

New computer first. Crisis second. My conroe and 7800GTX can't handle it well on medium. :|

7. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

Im playing with 640mb 8800GTS, Q6600 and 2 gig ram and all running fine on high settings odd bit of slowdown i notice but not much

The games ok carries along alright etc although is repetative but passes time so I can live with it

8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I can understand that a bug does not affect a final score but what about when the gameplay overall is average to poor ? Maybe I should re-read the article ;)

9. poot

poot What's a Dremel?

just bought crysis and gears of war for 24.97 each from sainsburys.
    Never normally shop there for games, but these prices are cheaper than play.com

10. Mr T

Mr T 4 Left Into Long 3 Right

Unplayable on my system at 1680x1050 on medium settings. Runs great on 1360x768 medium though. That's running 64bit Vista ultimate and the latest beta nvidia drivers.

11. laynesassepd

laynesassepd TECH

one problem with all these posts are that every one is stating that they play on med, high, very high but never mention the resolution their playing at which is by far the most important because very high on a 800x600 looks like crap where as the higher the res the beter the game looks even on med med high. also everyone talks about playability on there settings where some think 20 fps is ok where others say 30 +. What does everyone think should res be included in what settings they are playing at because when people say I can play at every thing high with a 8600 GT sounds stupid ya so can i and get 90+ fps but at low res and it looks bad

12. 8igdave

8igdave Counting down the days to November!

What do you lot think the SLI support will be like in this game? I saw a review where they said nvida cards would get higher quality aa. But currently it seems to cripple the game totaly.

Do you think we will be looking at a 60-75% boost for sli or a 20-40% boost. And what about cross fire? I beleive for the price i coudl get 3x 3870s for the price of 2x 8800GTS (the new ones i estimate to be around 270 quid). But there are no intel boards to support crossfirex

13. Major

Major Guest

I thought SLi was only 30% increase even if you are lucky?

14. Tim S

Tim S OG

SLI performance scaling isn't great at the moment, but there's a patch coming in the next couple of weeks which should fix that. :)

I think Cevat said that CrossFire performance would be improved later (I'd rather see it improved at the same time as SLI personally).

15. sl1xx

sl1xx What's a Dremel?

this game ownz rapes my pc really hard tho have to run in a 1280x768 window ! would love to see this game on full,my only chances of that is on youtube.lol

16. poot

poot What's a Dremel?

getting about 10-15fps on both low and high settings with a 1152 res
    with action/shooting this falls to 5fps

guess by cpu is rubbish (amd 3000)
    2gig ram, 8800 gts

17. 8igdave

Nope its quite good in some games. The recent 8800GT review showed SLI of the GTs, GT and GTX and crossfire of the 2900s

18. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

That seems to be the problem though, unless they optimize for certain games, SLI is pretty pants sometimes ...

I think their saying 30% for Crysis, not SLI in general

19. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Had a fair few problems with SLI and vista but I've now got my 2 7800GTXs working and did a bit of testing and the results were a bit shocking tbh. I'm dual booting with vista and xp, machine specs in sig.

Bearing in mind that all the settings are on medium except for physics, sound and texture which are on high. On XP on single GPU I can get about 20fps with about 14fps in action scenes. On vista on a single GPU I'm getting a poor 8fps.

In SLI on Vista I'm getting about 12fps but in XP I'm getting a cool 35fps (with about 40 in the jungle) and about 30 in action. I'm obviously using XP for this game and have sacrificed some fps for better graphics. I'm a bit shocked on the frame difference between xp and vista unless of course I'm missing something.

20. 8igdave

Nvida said they will be sorting it out in some drivers.

Tags: Add Tags