1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors I question petrol engines

Discussion in 'General' started by daguuy, 22 Nov 2007.

1. RTT

RTT #parp

It's a Corsa 1.6. It does not go "like a mother ****ing rocket" unless you have indeed strapped a rocket to it :lol:

2. Freedom

Freedom Minimodder

Turbines will run on coal dust if you can figure out how to get the stuff into it. Infact iam sure i read about soem one trying to to improve effiancy(i cant realy spell) in coal power stations. But yeh the comment back the only way to make a car go like a rocket is strap a rocket to it that made laugh. typical barry bull. "Yeh i messed with couple of pipes under my bonnet and now my car has 1000000000000000bhp init mate".

3. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

:lol:, "playing with some pipes" could be interpreted as a nitrous kit, then it would. Also, those C16XE and X16XE 1.6 16v engines found in corsas are relatively easy to tune to 180bhp+ (cams, throttle bodies, headwork, ARP's).

4. Freedom

Freedom Minimodder

Nos in stock engine. idot in car "What that big metal thing that just flew though the bonnet"

5. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

NOS is actually a brand name, and a proper nitrous controller will control the fuelling aswell, and once properly and competantly set up, wont blow the engine.

6. Freedom

Freedom Minimodder

Depends on how much No2 you inject. a small boost wont kill the engine stright off but it will wear it quicker. but prolonged use or large injection amount will blow an engine. Anything that makes an engine produce more power without improveing the cooling or strengthing the internals will kill it.

7. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

That depends on whether the strength of the internals and the cooling were overkill anyway ;).

Don't always assume :).

8. ultrastapler

ultrastapler What's a Dremel?

i've been running a 1.6 with nitrous for almost 6 years and the engine is still fine.

obviously whacking a 300bhp shot down there would bend the conrods. Or running full throttle for a couple of minutes would probably induce heat related trauma's, but i've never encountered that situation despite many 1/4 miles and trackdays.

and it's N2O

Tags: