1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POTM November POTM Theme - Decay

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Guest-16, 1 Nov 2007.

1. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

np mate. :)

Forgot to say when I posted before; excellent entries all round this month. Found it the hardest for some time to decide my top five, and then the order. Well done all round. :thumb:

2. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

Sorry for my noobness with the potm but where is the vote thread ? :duh:

3. OleJ

OleJ Me!

If you are registered on then POTM site, then you can vote at http://potm.webshaped.com. AFAIK regular bit-tech forumites can't vote.

4. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Ehm... I voted for one of your pics because I think it deserved it. Don't tell me you're voting strategically?

Sorry to be an ass, but I think that sucks. Of course I have no idea of point distribution but 12 hours after voting should have closed I had 8 votes and 2nd and 3rd had 7 and 6 respectively. Dunno if my comment earlier in this thread affected those last 20 votes after voting should have closed, but I got zip from then on.

I think you should stick to the deadlines next time. Not keeping to them is just rediculous.

Well at least if my total is 8 points then I'll know I had my hopes up for nothing anyways.

5. olv

olv he's so bright

chill out you crazy freak

6. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

You had eight votes when I last looked. If they were all one point, even someone with only two votes at five points would beat you. Chillax dude! Last I saw there was one with 9 and three with 8 votes. Nice and competitive. :thumb:

And no I wasn't suggesting I was voting strategically, and would certainly never do that. And I would hope people have a higher opinion of me, tbh. I was merely alluding to how close it appears to be this month and that my vote could have swayed which way it goes, was all.

I would also say that I never even look at my own entries on the POTM site until after I've voted. This means I cannot see how many votes I have and so can't even be influenced in the sub-conscious.

And give Nath a break, he does all this off his own back to help the forum enjoy a friendly competition.

7. Boogle

Boogle What's a Dremel?

OleJ, this is an informal compo just for fun ;) Not a serious big-money, high-stakes compo for serious pros.

I also had the same trouble as Hwulex. I had to open them all up side by side and go through a shortlisting method to even get 5! Fantastic month tbh.

8. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

:lol: Exactly what I was thinking.

I for one, am thankfull that Nath is willing to take the time and put in the effort to give us the POTM voting website. If closing the voting part later then usually has resulted in more votes, then I think that is a good thing! Afterall more votes will mean that the end result is more realistic, and the winners really deserved it.

Now lets all just sit down, relax, have a beer (or a Valium :rolleyes:), put things in perspective and calmy wait for the rightfull winners to be announced.

PS: And yes, putting all entries in a kind of 'gallery' would help alot with voting. Clicking them limits the comparing factor.. plus some people in a hurry might be tempted to start voting before viewing all entries.

9. OleJ

OleJ Me!

I'll have my Valium then ;) As I said: "Sorry to be an ass". I'm glad you told me I was wrong but I guess I needed to get it out so you could tell me otherwise.
    And I yes know this is a small friendly competition but that doesn't change the fact that I care. And I still believe that deadlines are deadlines.

Edit: And I DO appreciate the effort Nath puts into this. I don't think I'm ranting. Maybe raving :)

Last edited: 30 Nov 2007
  10. Nath

Nath Your appeal has already been filed.

Deadlines are deadlines indeed. I happened to be working towards several related to university applications. Sorry you feel that way, but do chill out. :)

Fake-edit: and if it helps, I've put in about 10 hours of work on the POTM site this week FWIW.

11. OleJ

OleJ Me!

If you want some help coding the site just say the word.

And I am chilled :) so all chill with telling me to chill :-D

12. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

When are the results announced then? ;)

13. olv

olv he's so bright

congrats hwulex

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

OleJ won, I'm just waiting for him to reply to my PM about a new theme for this month!! :blush: My fault for asking only half way through yesterday though :worried:

So even though he whinged above, he won, so there, Ole :p

15. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Whoo! Wow! Cool :) Hadn't seen a PM. Will reply immediately :)

*HAPPY DANCE*

16. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Thanks everybody :)
    I'm very honored.
    I was so surprised I started shaking :D LOL

17. OleJ

OleJ Me!

And of course my whining tastes really sour now. Sorry for all that. I had my hopes up REALLY high, then I plunged, then I had a few valium, and now... well you know :) Thanks for bearing with me.

18. Naked_Dave

Naked_Dave What's a Dremel?

And for this months theme, how about 'chill'? :p

19. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Or "crazy freak", I bet that would quite interesting. :lol:

----
    Anyway, congrats OleJ !!
    It would have been alot funnier if you had gotten all 1-point votes though. Have I missed the POTM-news bit again? Or has it not been posted yet (don't mean to rush anybody.. just wondering)? I had a few votes as well, so I'm quite eager to know who has second and third place.

Can't wait for the new theme.

L

20. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

Congratulations, OleJ. It was a very nice shot.

-monkey

Tags: