1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Wireless Network Adpater

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Noobkiller, 7 Dec 2007.

1. Noobkiller

Noobkiller What's a Dremel?

What's one of the best wireless PCI network adpater right now. I'm looking for something under $100

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

PCI or PCI-e? I've got an abit Airpace card, which fits into a 1x PCI-e slot, and it's bloody brilliant, has a decent aerial even out of the box, and really easy to modify and add extra cooling to for a high-gain jobby. Very cheap too, and the software's great. :D

3. computerman5

computerman5 What's a Dremel?

4. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

Are you going to be doing some network 'monitoring' ? Orinoco Gold comes highly recommended.

5. phillj

phillj What's a Dremel?

I have always found Netgear to be the best wireless (for home) for routers and cards (as long as you use their software). Intel have always made good laptop wireless cards and great other network cards, so they may be worth a try.

6. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

$100 will get you any make/model you want... including wireless 'N' products (the fastest currently available - here in the UK at least)...
    such as the (ridiculously long URL'd!) Linksys WMP300N Wireless-N PCI Adapter... [​IMG]