1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple monitors are an addiction...

Discussion in 'General' started by legoman666, 10 Dec 2007.

1. legoman666

legoman666 Beat to fit, paint to match.

Personally, even though I have 2 19's and the 22 in the middle, I could get along with just a single 19" alongside my 22". On the left monitor I usually have my music player and pidgin open. The middle 22" always has Opera and or whatever I'm working on or playing. And the right side I always have a usenet downloader, thunderbird and the task manager. However, when doing homework like physics labs, having all 3 monitors is really awesome. Because then I can open the lab instructions, my excel spreadsheet with all the data in it, and my actual lab report.

Kaboom22, how did you get the triple monitor gaming going? You using a TripleHead2Go? Or something else? (that one program that creates one big virtual monitor?). I've done dual monitor gaming, but that sucks because the middle is smack where the gap between the 2 monitors is.

Edit, Ah I see the triple head2go there Kaboom. Nice.

2. legoman666

The specs page for my 22" LCD says that it draws 55w. I looked at the back of my 19" LCD's and they say 50w. But that does add up...

3. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

15" CRT was my first,
    then a 17" Eizo one,
    followed by a pallet (eg 12) of 22" Eizo CRT's for 11 quid off ebay, in which I used 2 of them.
    Then a 2007wfp,
    and tommorow RTT gets a nice deposit and get one of the above :p
    Possibly RTT's other one too...

xD

4. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

I loved Dual Monitors, but can't justify the desk space anymore. A single widescreen is enough for home use for me.

Having 2x 20" LCD at work is great for having multiple RDP sessions on though.

My History is...

15" CRT
    17" CRT
    2x 17" CRT
    2x 17" LCD
    1x 20" Widescreen LCD
    1x 20" Widescreen LCD + 32" LCD TV

5. knuck

knuck Hate your face

you guys make my 12" laptop look quite small :hehe:

6. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

I've been using dual monitors for years.

currently: [17" LCD] + [17" CRT]

planning on ditching the CRT in the new year as it's starting to get very blurry, to end up with:
    [20-24" LCD] + [17" LCD]

The simple fact that you can bung MSN / IRC / winamp / taskmanager / video / etc windows onto the second screen and have them always visible even when playing games or whatever on the main screen is far too useful for me to give up :)

Haven't seen any need for more than 2 screens though.

7. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

I'm going to use some of the money I save up in the summer for a multi monitor rig... I had once for one weekend when my family went away without me and the increase in productivity was epic.

8. J273

J273 What's a Dremel?

I got a 30'' monitor which is probably the best upgrade ever its amazing..soooo much desk space.

I originally planned on just using the one....but after id set up all 3 and used it for a few days i just had to keep all 3.

multi-monitor is defo the way to go.

maybe a little overkill....lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. knuck

knuck Hate your face

overkill you say ? Even the G15 looks small ,which I thought was impossible ...

Clean up the desk and it will look even more awesome ;) I like the colorful wallpapers on the first photo. Makes the screens look even brighter/bigger :)

10. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

I like my 2 19"ers, and I think I'd prefer this over one larger monitor since it means I can have two maximised windows open - usually one for coding (input) and one for browser (output).
    If I had a third, I'd be putting it above my current two*, and it would be playing video or TV and probably showing 'secondary' info (TODOs, emails, rss, perhaps hardware monitoring etc).
    *- I wouldn't like having to turn my head/body that far to look at everything.

[​IMG]

11. Angleus

Angleus What's a Dremel?

That is so awesome

P.S. also bottom right corner, have you got some sort of security camera feed going on with your car there?!

12. legoman666

Since you're all posting pics, I figured I might as well also. Here's my setup, as I said before, its 19" -> 22" -> 19"

[​IMG]

Sorry for the crappy pic, I asked for a real camera for christmas.

13. J273

J273 What's a Dremel?

Yeah it is ...Ive actually just bought...eek another 9'' TFT just for the Camera.

14. J273

J273 What's a Dremel?

thanks...this is an oldish piccy now ....im now using a new apple keyboard..Which looks tiny in comparison.

15. Angleus

Angleus What's a Dremel?

Again, that is so awesome, :hehe: v. jealous!

16. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Now you see I wouldn't mind doing something like that, but my neck would snap after an hour I would think.

Someone build that rig I mentioned earlier... I'm begging you!! :hehe:

17. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

Multiple monitor madness compared to my setup. I only use an extra 17" crt with my 14,1" laptop screen.

18. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I've said it once and I'll say it again: screen estate is like money. You can never have too much. :p

19. RTT

RTT #parp

3x 17/19 is cooler for gaming though, but looks a bit ghetto compared to two 24"ers :brrr:

20. TTmodder

TTmodder Hammertime

No **** sherlock :jawdrop:
    what´s the next thing then. a computer with 3 gfx cards. 3 X matrox triplehead 2 go, and 9 non widescreen lcd monitors arranged as one big monitor? :naughty: