1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA making another C&C shooter?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 12 Dec 2007.

1. Flyingsheep

Flyingsheep What's a Dremel?

Renegade has amazing multiplayer. It would have been even better if the game wasn't rushed. A unique idea executed a little poorly. But I still find the game fun.

2. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

renegade's graphics are worse than doom1's as my ass is from the dark side of europa.....

edit: at least i think it is said that way....

3. Bionic-Blob

Bionic-Blob What's a Dremel?

now, if only they make it an rts/fps hybrid (eg. savage/ns)

4. xrain

xrain Minimodder

I personally liked renegade a lot, although it did have its fair share of bugs... and the graphics left something to be desired..
    But by the sounds of it this new fps seems like just a attempt to milk the series for more money...

There is a UT3 mod coming out thats remaking renegade with way better graphics, its looking really good you should check it out at http://www.renegade2007.com

5. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

I was a fan of renegade back in the day and it did have very innovative gameplay, when I heard it announced I was hoping it would end up like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giants:_Citizen_Kabuto citizen kabuto and have strong rts elements. Alas it didn't and no game since giants has had such a strong mix of fps and rts

6. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

Definitely

Also very true

The only thing that disappointed me with renegade was that you couldn't build, or order anything around

A mix of FPS and RTS for "Renagade2" would be awesome - IMHO

7. Cptn-Inafinus

Cptn-Inafinus Minimodder

I loved regade! I though the simple simpling uninspiring gameplay made it all the more fun :)

8. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

IF all you want is a graphics fps, go play Crysis. Renegade wasn't made for graphics. C&C is supposed to work on standard hardware, that all can play on, look at RA2 for instance, 2mb gfx required, not 256mb min. Now, Renegade wasn't the best C&C title, we all know that, but it was easy to play, and in the end, had a pretty good storyline (single player campaign) It wasn't made so you could command other things, or build buildings etc, its a FPS, not a RTS, while the franchise mainly evolves around the RTS aspect. I suppose though, and i will say this, because i think all C&C nuts will agree, "EA! Bugger off, let Westwood do what they did best!!!"

Sam

9. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

^^^
    agreed

I miss the old westwood studios, i still find my self playing tiberian sun online.

10. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Good old Westward studios. Talking of which, I wish they would do a Multiplayer for Dune. Could be kind of cool to use the Weirding Module. You could have people shouting down their Microphone to activate it.:lol:
    Totally agree on a full FPS/RTS hybrid for CnC. This has got to be the next step for FPS. Battlefield 2 with the commander interface, is a step in the right direction...it just needs to be taken to the next level. Hopes and prays.:geek:

11. boggsi

boggsi What's a Dremel?

Renegade was awesome (multiplayer). Actually so well thought out, apart from obvious bad netcode and bugs was the point harvesting from bombarding buildings, which should have been simply subject to diminishing returns.. simple. But apart from that, I have never had the same thrill as loading up a terminal with C4, including my hand operated stuff, keeping quiet, staying out the way then BOOM, then BOOM, DEAD building. FxxK YES.

PLEASE MAKE ANOTHER ONE EA

12. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org What's a Dremel?

I like FPS but it isnt for C&C, it would just make it into a totally different game.

Tags: Add Tags