1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel wants to do hands-free consoles?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Dec 2007.

1. konsta

konsta What's a Dremel?

Things only get better when people try them. If someone like Intel doesn't begin investing in this sort of tech at some point it will never happen.

2. Major

Major Guest

Ok I see an advantage for this kind of technology for consoles, it could make companies lose money though doing it this way.

Instead of some Wii Mote inserted into a gun, you could just buy the gun I guess, tilt it sideways to reload, might have 5 buttons inside, but the majority of the mechanics I guess is in the camera.

Would be cheaper etc.

3. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Anybody try playing Totemball on XBL? Tryng to get a room setup properly in order to use the camera to control the game is annoying, Think I'd prefer to stick to either a proper joypad or the wiimote.

4. geekboyUK

geekboyUK What's a Dremel?

Intel have been playing about with computer vision for years now... I'm wondering whether this is going to be a lot more advanced than the eye-toy type stuff we've seen before.

5. wolff000

wolff000 I am here to steal your secrets.

Motion sensing would be great but it doesn't seem doable for all games. You would have to have some other input, voice maybe. Even then some games just don't seem to translate to that sort of thing. I look forward to seeing where this goes.

6. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

what we really need is brainwave controls ;)

Tags: Add Tags