1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Beverage Association blames games for obesity

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 20 Dec 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

3. HellRazor

HellRazor What's a Dremel?

I blame Canada!!

But honestly, its all contributing to the "obesity epidemic" (how can being fat be an epidemic like the chicken pox or something....)

Games lure you inside, and because your sitting there you snack on those nasty foods. Because you snack on those nasty foods you get increasingly out of shape, which causes you to stay inside and watch TV and play games while consuming more and more nasty food. Its really a vicious cylce.

I've got an idea however!

A hat with a stick, and a twinkie dangling on a string. If people are retarded enough to believe soda or gaming alone makes them fat, then they should be stupid enough to chase a twinkie on a string!!

4. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

I know for a fact, about four years ago I stopped drinking anything but water, natural juices and milk. No other change in diet or exorcise. I lost a couple dozen pounds in three months. But unfortunately, I eventually picked up the addiction once again (I think it was during a week long camping trip) and soon the pounds were back.

Until I started the Wii diet. How about this: a tax on soft drinks and use that tax to subsidize Wii's for everyone! Wii fit comes to the US soon too!

5. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

without games there of course would be no obesity, drinking large calorie amounts in beverages or from food has nothing do with making people fat. Gaming is the major cause as people would otherwise be doing large amounts of activity such as watching tv, reading books, watching films, going to resturants etc all of which do not increase peoples waist lines. (largest amount of sarcasm that is possible ever)

Life is about comprimise, if you eat badly and sit on your ass all day doing whatever it maybe you will get fat, if you exercise and eat in moderation amazingly (shocking I know) you are likely to be slimmer and more healthy.

Last edited: 20 Dec 2007
  6. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Now thats what I call a wide load.

You don't have to drink fizzy drinks when you game! I find water is far more refreshing.

7. Icy EyeG

Icy EyeG Controlled by Eyebrow Powers™

Bad food habits and 1 liter of fizzy drinks per meal are to blame here. Not gaming.... At least, this is how I see it.
    IMAO, people don't eat properly home made food anymore..... So, they cannot ingest proper balanced quantities of the right nutrients: they eat too much fat and too much sugar.

QFT

8. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

haven't drunk fizzy drinks in quantity in years. Always have a full glass of water next to my pc, is far more refreshing its true.

9. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Nothing to do with the size of the meals served in the US then?

tbh, I think It's safer for the kids to stay in and play on the computer than go out these days.

10. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

hey, when its -36 Celcius outside, id rather be inside and play games then jog... :)

11. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

If your obese you have no one to blame but yourself. Everyone has the choice whether to drink soda, eat greasy food, exercise, ect... If your fat it is YOUR fault. Not the companies. The companies do what they do because we buy it. If everyone decided to only drink things with out HFCS then the companies would change to real suger.

Eat sensible and don't drink soda daily.

12. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

The picture made me freak out.

I have been eating twice as much as I used to and I have lost 4" off of my waist in the past few weeks, I have also been playing video games more too. Funny thing is that when I made a point of it to drink less soda and eat less junkfood was a few weeks ago. Its possibly a spike in my metabolism but when I can eat like I have been and still loose weight just by being more selective on what I'm having I think there is something too that.

13. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Over-processed foods, massive intake of sugars/carbs and lack of exercise are to blame for obesity. Perhaps genetic makeup plays a small role as well. Nothing else. If people want to be thin, they'll do something about it. A large portion of America is overweight because a big chunk :)lol:, sorry) of the population is lazy.

14. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Oh that's BS. Clearly our sensationalist media is doing its job.

15. naokaji

naokaji whatever

so.... banning games would solve the problem of people being fat?

who the f**k comes up with such bs?

if people are too lazy to move their ass then they wont move their ass no matter if with games or not....

16. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

GOD DAMN THAT'S A BIG FAT ASS!!! </stan> :D

17. Major

Major Guest

I agree with the statement to an extent i.e. not all obese people play games etc.

18. Tubarc

Tubarc What's a Dremel?

Free Fruits on Public Ã￾reas to Curb Spreading Obesity

Fruits are low in calories and highly nutritional already grown on public places at increasing ratios to face obesity trends. Tree climbing also can be a body exercise for people harvesting fruits.

Fruits have around four times more water content than cookies and easily satisfy hunger taking less energy. Refrigerators full of fruits easily beat junkies.

In Brazil we are increasing fruit trees in the public areas changing the country to a large tropical orchard. Then, sidewalks, squares, parks, roadsides will be plenty of free fruits bearing appropriate food to fight spreading obesity. Free fruits are protected from the power of the economic system pursuing profitability.

Other countries are invited to join us on a fight against global obesity toward a Public Fructification. Brazil intends to become a developed country without common problems of a superpower.

We intend the rural area to conquer public areas making it full of fruits.
    http://revver.com/watch/225528
    http://revver.com/watch/529604

Even carnivores can be convinced to eat more fruits why not humans?
    http://revver.com/watch/218695

19. Rebourne

Rebourne What's a Dremel?

Personally, I think it may be the high fructose corn syrup that they put in everything over here.

20. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Another term for sugar.

Tags: Add Tags