1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress ATX Cube Case (26 Aug 07 - Completed! But not entirely...)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Dean MF, 22 Jul 2007.

1. josyd

josyd mmm cheese...

ok.. one more.. and ill try to stop asking questions... would you mind if i borrow your frame idea for my case?.. i was gonna use constructx cubes.. but this looks more stable..

2. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

No problem mate! But, try and use some alu for the frame, it should be stable enough, cause the normal angle iron made this case very heavy. (The constructx cube is aluminium right? It should be strong enough)

3. josyd

josyd mmm cheese...

yea.. i planned on using aluminum.. and these are constructx cubes... here

and i lied.. ONE more question.. lol.. sorry... is it hard to get to any of the components in the bottom?

4. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

Well, yes actually. I had to add the optical drives, the HDD's and the psu last in order to have all the components at the bottom.

The thing is, ALL the sides of my case can be opened, so I just open the side closest to where I need to get to. I havent opened her since I started using her though.

5. Snowy_wp

Snowy_wp What's a Dremel?

hey case looks good man, would be kind of heavy if you go to allot of LANs by the look of that. looks like you should get good air flow through there with all those fans, does it keep the temps down nicely?

6. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

Hi there. Yes, its quite heavy, but i dont go to LANs so its really not a problem.

Oh yes, its got really nice air flow. Since I have used it I have never had problems with heating whatsoever. I was suprised myself about how cool and quiet this case is.

Thank you for the comment :D

7. TapperSwe

TapperSwe What's a Dremel?

Very cool and clean looking case,u have done a nice job on this one building it from scratch,love that you kept the colors to just black on the case and blue on the fans. :thumb:

8. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

Thank you very much :thumb:

9. Richh999

Richh999 Small Time Modder

I think this looks amazing and I have just been designing a SFF Cube out of acrylic and aluminium and then came across your design which is an identical structure, just bigger than mine and was wondering whether you minded mine having the same frame structure. Thanks

10. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

Heya. No problem mate. Just one thing i have to say, the two drive bays on top right next to each other, that makes it very difficult to securely tighten the screws of the dvd roms. Maybe one below the other would owrk better. And with alu would be much better for weight :)

Good luck in your case and have fun building her!