1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Striker Extreme - help needed asap

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Muffins17, 28 Dec 2007.

1. Muffins17

Muffins17 What's a Dremel?

Hi here's the problem. Got my new comp together (see sig, i'm lazy) boots fine does the 'republic of gamers' splash fine, then nothing, if i hit DEL to go to the bios it changes to 'entering setup...' but then nothing. I can hit tab and it changes to the alternate screen, but then if i try to enter bios or view boot options it just stays there.

Any ideas guys?

By the way i've tried it with only one card, and half the memory and such. Could it be the quad core, it recognises it on the alternate screen.

Or could it be the RAM is too high a speed? (1066)

Oh and no error messages or anything, just says memory testing on the post lcd screen on the back.

Thanks i'll be forever in debt to who provides teh answer, i'll even paypal them a fiver if the want it :p. (i'm desperate :waah:)

2. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

Try clearing the CMOS. :thumb:

3. Muffins17

Sorry, tried that already, forgot to mention that.

Anything else? please?

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Unplug ALL device form your computer. HDD, Optical Drive (whatever you have), Floppy (if any), sound card, ALL USB/eSATA/Ethernet/Firewire devices
    Just leave plug-in: your cooling solution(s), video card, monitor, WIRED keyboard and your mouse (wired or wireless doesn't mater)).
    See if that helps.

Also, try putting only 1 stick of RAM, and see of it work, then slowly add another one.
    If if you leave only 1 stick of ram and it fails, then try changing this RAM stick with the other one that you have, or with RAM from another working computer.

5. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

What I've heard about the Striker, is that it WAS a great board, but lacks support for newer CPUs, IIRC.

6. dimebar

dimebar What's a Dremel?

hi

it will be your ram voltage! remove everyting you dont need, as sugested, 1 VGA card, 1 stick ram, 2 should boot, then up ram voltage and possibly cpu voltage.

think default ram is 2.1v, may need 2.3v do not go over 2.35v as board overvolts by 0.6v!
    try cpu at 1.25-1.35v

you will have to boot very quickly to bio to change ram V. may ned to borrow some generic ram to boot. then flash bios to 1305. best bios with 4gb ram!

i dont no who keeps saying the striker is a great board!
    its a absolute pain in the rear end.
    its great for some at stock, as mine is but when you overclock, its a nightmare!

ps make sure you have a solid PSU, a lot of striker issues are caused by poor 3.3v and 5v rails on psu's

Last edited: 28 Dec 2007
  7. Muffins17

Sorted

Na i have a solid PSU don't worry, 1000W to be exact. It was the RAM voltage but it was set at 1.85V, luckily i had some spare ballistix 800MHz lying around and it would boot with one stick of that, upped to 2.3V and now it can take the Reaper stuff. Cheers guys. :thumb: