1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Shuttle SP35P2 Pro XPC

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Guest-16, 29 Dec 2007.

1. TheEclypse

TheEclypse What's a Dremel?

I have found my XPC to be pretty quiet, the only thing making it loud is the graphics card.

2. Deeon

Deeon What's a Dremel?

Wait... What do you mean it wont take dual slot graphic cards? Since I got TwinTech GF8800GTS 512MB sitting here on my desk, waiting for SP35P2 that should be deliverd tomorrow. I was toled by many users that it can take dualslot cards with no problems... I really hope it will fit.

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I've read elsewhere that they do fit and I assumed it would - but ours didn't I tried and pressed, but I couldnt take a picture because I dont have three hands to press the card in and shoot :p

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Bindi, are you now an official shuttle pimp?

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

ROFLMAO.

Yes, yes I am.

6. Xir

Xir Modder

Howcome it's "not done" to use only one fan for more than one purpose?
    On the rear of the P chassis you have two 60's (for the harddisk) and the one from the power supply. why not just use one big 120? (same for both side fans...2x 120, makes a total of 3x 120 and the thing should finally be silent.)

The Shuttles are designed so well, but noise was and still is a problem.

About dust: as it usually sits on your desk and not on the floor, dust shouldn't be an issue. Mine's been running for over a year and there's no dust to speak off.

Best regards,

Xir

7. jonkvh

jonkvh What's a Dremel?

The model tested is what I'll be upgrading to next.

I have the SN27P2, AMD/Nvidia. I found the noise issue was solved by setting the BIOS fan speed to AUTO. The Shuttles can be noisy but with the upgrade to the Intel based model, I intend on using silent solid state disks from DVNation, hard drive noise when running RAID + backup HDD is incredibly noticeable. When going into sleep mode in Vista, that's when you notice the noise level.

Also contemplating not installing a DVD drive internally but use one externally that will sit on top of the box itself, since I hardly ever use DVD much anyway. And, replacing the CPU heatsink with a Thermaltake heatpipe radiator since there will be no HDD/DVD cadddy internally as I'm pulling that out, so height won't be a problem.

The SSD's will be 2.5 inch and just tied within the unit onto the side of the case attached onto the cable rail at the top. I've checked it out and it all will work, the hardest being able to seat the Thermaltake cooler... that means mobo removal but so be it. Plus any fan replacements with aftermarket one's, the standard fans aren't the best noise wise.

Know it seems fiddly as but Shuttle aren't doing enough to alleviate the fan noise issue, it pops up in nearly every review.

Tags: Add Tags