1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phenom Clock speed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kingdavies, 26 Dec 2007.

1. kingdavies

kingdavies Minimodder

Hi. I just purchased a phenom 9600 and was expecting to see 4*2.3Ghz cores, but instead both AMD Power Monitor and CPU-Z 1.42 report there being 4*1.15Ghz cores (5.8 multiplier) despite manually setting the multiplier to 11.5 Is this correct?

Thanks
    Kingdavies

2. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

That is the processor slowing down to the minimum multiplier to conserve energy when not fully loaded. Run Orthos on it or some other application of similar intensity and you will see the clock speed go back up to 2.3GHz.

3. kingdavies

kingdavies Minimodder

Isnt that what Cool'n'Quiet does, which I have disabled. Anyway ran Prime95 on all 4 cores and still only 1.15Ghz heres a screenshot:
    [​IMG]

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Try forcing the multiplier to 11.5x in the BIOS and updating it with the latest BIOS too :)

5. kingdavies

kingdavies Minimodder

Using the latest bios (1503) and set the multiplier to 11.5x, still no luck :(

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Very strange. Our M2N32 works straight off.

7. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

i installed the bios there seems to be an big bug in it

look at what his HT link speed is running at (200 should be 1000)
    drop back the bios to 1402 (that lacks phenom support) and i was able to set all 3 HT link options back up in the bios under chip set

with 1503 for some resone 2 HT link options go missing and sets them to HT 1x, 200 HT is correct that CPU-z is reporting as games will be going uber slow

(to go back on bios you must use an USB stick and the Bios EZ flash) dono if all 4 cores will work on the older bios

8. kingdavies

kingdavies Minimodder

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Grab yourself a £60 MSI K9A2 CF! That'll work perfectly, plus you don't need SLI by the looks of your sig. Save yourself a ton of power use too.

10. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

asus looks like thay did an rush job this time the Bios brakes the settings in the bios as you can No longer set the HT speeds in Chipset

thay need to bring an update out to put the TLB fix in as this bios id asume does not have it

11. kingdavies

kingdavies Minimodder

After re-flashing the bios and clearing it several times eventually got the multiplier working at 11.5X :S Still having problems with the HT stuck at 200

12. Domobomb

Domobomb What's a Dremel?

Hey, King, how did you fix your core multiplier? I have a 9500 and I'm stuck with a 5.5 multi.

Thanks.

13. Domobomb

King?

14. Domobomb

Nevermind, I fixed that multi error. It seems that enabling Cool and Quiet got everything working at its normal speed, rather then under-clocked.