1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis Menu Problem!! =(

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DJ Fish, 4 Jan 2008.

1. DJ Fish

DJ Fish What's a Dremel?

G'day,

I just got Crysis and dn't you just hate it when u get a game u've been waiting for and u happen to install it and then try to play it but it stuffs up!!

Well, everything loads up properly (nvidia advertisement, Itel Ad) but the screen gets stuck at moving arond a globe looking at an island and it zooms in on the island and monouvers round it. I saw my friends version and it's actually the background of the menu. So i guess the menu isn't loading properly....please can any1 help?

I got a good enough pc to run cod4 full bull (which i know isn't that hard)

so yeah..please any help will be much appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Joe.

2. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Obvious question: Have you updated your video drivers? And do you meet the minimum spec for the game?

3. DJ Fish

DJ Fish What's a Dremel?

I just updated my Video driver and it's all good. yes i got a 3500 Athlon, 1GB ram, 2x 7600GT's. I told u, i do have a good enough PC to run the game.

I just took a screen shot of what happens...but i also clicked the ~ key (forget the name) This SHOULD help in some way

http://download.yousendit.com/0E6C34762A62F9C2

Thanks.

PS: I just uploaded it on www.yousendit.com

4. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Well it looks like a file path error, it appears as if the game is struggling to find the relevent files. Probably the best place to start is a reinstall, and make sure you put it in a simple place (like no funny symbols in any of the directory names of anything). If in doubt, use the default file path.

5. Mosey

Mosey What's a Dremel?

Yeah a friend had a similar problem. Reinstall it and make sure you dont have any background tasks running. That should sort it!

gl hf.

6. DJ Fish

DJ Fish What's a Dremel?

will it really make a different if i just have MSN in the background whiile it's installing?

I already reinstalled it and did the same thing. If you could tell me the exact size of ur folder that would be good...except i guess it would be hard and probally not accurate since u have downloaded custom maps and user memory unlike mine.

Thankyou.
    Joe

7. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I think it would be better suited if you were to just un-install the game, go to your program files, remove the folder completely and re-install with a fresh empty directory, that usually sorts out problems with bad paths. Also, use the games default path, don't make it harder than it has to be.

8. raxsv

raxsv What's a Dremel?

Hello,
    I tried all this and I'm still experiencing the menu stuck bug (after entering weapon, or any other menu the game lags for about 60 seconds), otherwise ingame the game runs just fine.

I reinstalled game - twice, update my video card drivers, set graphic details to minimum, updated game to version 1.2, used compatibility mode - "Disable desktop composition" and "Disable visual themes", disabled aero. Even thought I don't have Logitech G15 keyboard I have Logitech MX1000 mouse so I uninstalled the drivers and any other software around it. I even tried to disable sound card in system.

Any ideas?

Tags: