1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Mod of the Year 2007

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 24 Dec 2007.

1. mashles

mashles What's a Dremel?

nakamura for me!

2. jodah175

jodah175 Wannabe Modder

any way we can see the ongoing results? like, how many votes for each of the different cases? or is that just a pain to start up now?

@wolverine : dude, most welcome for the vote. i love the colors and the fact that it looks nothing like a computer, or even technology-related. sick case!

3. Lupo_IM

Lupo_IM ItaliaModding staff

I voted for GreenSabbath!!! ;)

4. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

My decor is all pre 1900 Victorian and Edwardian, but I voted for ne[future]on, as there is something about the entire design that just sits right with me. I would put it in with any decor.

5. slugbug

slugbug Going Broke Saving Money

May the best mod win!

6. greensabbath

greensabbath Got Wood?

Thanks very much, yes we're having a great time here in Sweden, mostly relaxing (but i'm also planning out about 4 new mods to do over the next year (one of which is a full custom that should be better than Yuugou (or at least a bit different) to be completed hopefully by the end of this year) and the others are smaller projects.

Oh I agree, i've been doing my best to keep up though, I ''trained'' during the last week or so in Italy before coming here.;)

Good luck to everyone yet again and of course, have a safe new years tomorrow.

7. walle

walle Minimodder

Placed my vote on LUMINA..

Good luck to all the participants, and a happy New Year to all of you bit techers.

8. Koradhil

Koradhil What's a Dremel?

Its interesting to see there are only two real casemods in the running for mod of the year, all the others are casecons. This is really a trend often seen at competitions, the casecons often win from casemods.
    Still, my vote goes to Yuugou for Greensabbath's great skill in both wood and metal working (and at least it looks like a case).

9. shomann

shomann Minimodder

For MOTY '06 I voted for WMD, but only barely as I felt Greensabbath (with his first scratch-build on bit-tech no less) was equally deserving. This year I can easily say he is the clear winner IMHO. Not only did he advance his own craft in wood working, he merged, successfully, Aluminum into his Yuugou. If that wasn't enough he churned out a second, equally detail-oriented scratch-build in a very short time-span.

Hands-down and well done.

(Am I the only one that thinks '08 should mark a delineation between Scratch-Builds and true Case Mods? )

10. Koradhil

Koradhil What's a Dremel?

You're not.

11. Design_Master

Design_Master Presenting: LUMINA

That’s an honor for me to be placed together with so great jobs at MOTY contest!
    Big thanks to all who has voted for Lumina! :thumb:
    I have appreciated very much each kind word and all incoming emails so far! But it's killing my hands! LOL :waah: :hehe:

Good Luck to all contestants and happy new year!

12. goofyahead

goofyahead What's a Dremel?

Hi to everyone, thanks for the support and its an honour for us to be chosed for the contest of the best mod of the year, thanks for all the votes to the tetris, all the effort is worth it for the comments of the people here :)

Increidible job of the others mods of the contest they are awesome!

Sorry for my english!

Happy new year!

13. sethnmalice

sethnmalice What's a Dremel?

I voted for Hangar 101, Looks great, compact, and those night neons look awesome, build quality is top notch.

14. slugbug

slugbug Going Broke Saving Money

With a few days left before the winner is announced, I'll take this moment to wish everyone the best of luck.

Tags: Add Tags