1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows CoD4: Martyrdom perk

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Neogumbercules, 4 Jan 2008.

1. BlueTrin

BlueTrin What's a Dremel?

I kind of agree, it always annoyed me that the bullets do not have enough stopping power in CoD4. Sure you kill someone very fast but being hit by one bullet you shouldn't be able to retaliate before to find some cover to recover ...

2. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

i often shoot out the legs to counter recoil so if they go in Last Stand im still aiming at them usually.

3. The Stig

The Stig What's a Dremel?

Been playing this game alot more recently and the number of random deaths I suffer are crazy.

When watching peoples replays they just throw a gren into the air and basically hope for the best, I know the UAV helps alot but More often than not these gren land on me :(

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Hardcore sorts that out - in the normal game mode it's still a multiplayer for the masses, so you've got quite a bit of health to try and kill someone before you die.

Grenade spamming is my #1 pet hate atm, loads of people do it, and it's insufferable.

5. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Nade cooking is the fraking worst thing in any game.

It's almost like artillery being called in.

6. K

K 528491

I'm really not a fan of this perk at all. It's way too cheesy. I don't mind using Last Stand or even getting killed by it, because at least it takes a bit of skill to get a kill with it, but a Martyrdom death always feels way too lame. I've really not found people to be spammy with the grenade launcher either. In fact, the few times I used it I had more kills via breaking someone's spine with the 'nade itself rather than the explosion.

7. Krikkit

Nowt wrong with nade cooking, it's spamming that sucks tbh.

8. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

Play OLDCORE. two shots max to kill someone. lots of fun.

9. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Been playing a fair bit of hardcore and it's much better.

10. Krikkit

I was playing on a great mod the other day, it was hardcore taken to the max. All the HUD was gone, and you have random weapon malfunctions too, as well as much more sensitive damage. It's called TRD I think, not many servers are running it yet, apparently. :D

11. FaIIen

FaIIen origami killer

The whole random airstrike-grenade thing in COD4 is annoying ...martyrdom is just the cherry in the top of the randomness cake.

12. decromin

decromin What's a Dremel?

Airstrikes are the only thing the drive me mad, esp when you get killed by the first explosion, just to respawn directly under the last one:(

13. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

or whats worse is when you call in an airstrike, you get away from the target and hide in a building or other cover and get killed, by your own.

also i hate it when i call in an airstrike and the planes come in at such angle the buildings block the whole thing when 4 or 5 people should have been dead. it seems its random at what angle they fly in at. it ticks me off as i get lots of airstrikes. :D

14. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

I just picked this up the other day and I already over-shoot and run after every time I kill someone. The one thing I really hate is when you shoot someone 4 or 5 times in the chest and they can somehow get one shot into your head with no problems. That really annoys me. Also, the sniper rifles are under powered. 2 shots in the chest to drop someone with an M21? I think not. I've even seen people who have the .50 cal sniper rifle have to shoot someone twice to drop them, even with the deep impact and stopping power perks.

15. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

There are a number of circumstances with the case with the .50 Cal Rifle. You don't even need deep impact with that thing to shoot through walls. And the person being shot was probably behind a wall, and more than likely had the Juggernaut perk. I almost always run with stopping power now because there are just as many folks with Juggernaut. I too hate it when you pump someone full of lead just to be killed by a headshot from their spray of bullets (a lucky one at that 90% of the time in this situation).

16. Krikkit

And there's something wrong with this? A 50. Cal bullet should go through several layers of almost all materials.

The problem with airstrikes and grenades is they need people to use some restraint, something which is quite lacking on t3h internets.

17. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

No, i mean you don't need to use the impact perk to shoot through walls with it. And that if he required multiple shots to kill someone with it, it was probably due to them being behind a wall, and having the juggernaut perk.

I've no problem with the .50 Cal Rifle at all. Although M16 with Stopping Power seems too strong, then again any gun in capable hands in that game can seem too strong.

18. eeevan

eeevan Dremel Master

I'm glad someone else shares the same hatred towards Martyrdom, because I swear to god, thats the one thing about CoD4 which I absolutely despise. I think the damage from Martyrdom induced grenades should be halved as it really kills most of the fun in close-quarters maps (I'm looking at you Shipment!). I swear to god, 1/3 of my total deaths are from random Martyrdom grenades - it's totally the biggest buzz kill ever.

19. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

reason it seems the other person shoots once before you die is lag. watch the kill cam. they will have shot you with quite a few shots while you maybe have fired your gun once.

i wondered about it then watched kill cam and it ticks me off. so i use stopping power and m60 and shoot 2 shots and they are down. unless they have juggernaut but with the m60s accuracy when just tapping the trigger they hardly get a chance before they are dead.

20. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

I've noticed that on the PC version I see a lot less BS kills then I do on the 360 version. Maybe it's just the way the 360 handles the server in/out traffic and algorithms for "guessing" where everyone is at, but I've noticed that I have a much easier time killing people on the PC then 360 and I don't die to lag/BS as much either.

Now if there was some way to end n00b tube and team flashes I would be happy </3

Tags: