1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

proper IRC channel?

Discussion in 'General' started by Xtrafresh, 9 Jan 2008.

1. RTT

RTT #parp

:lol:

2. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

How about pointing us to the thread, you've conveniently made where you need help.

3. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

Maybe i haven't been completely clear. I didn't have any really immedeate pressing questions, just wanted some chatter to go along with the modding i was doing.

Anyway, as said before, i stand corrected, i went back in elephant mode (thick skin) and had a good chat. :dremel:

4. dfhaii

dfhaii internets

Sometimes I use IRC, but as it's the on the Internet I know not to take it seriously really, that and once you've been there for more than about 5 minutes you realise that it's all a bit of a joke.

5. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

6. ArsoN

ArsoN What's a Dremel?

Who the **** is Xtrafresh?

7. iggy

iggy Minimodder

thats not cheesecake. its a famous painting of relix.

8. relix

relix Minimodder

Awww, I missed the hazing :(

9. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

As mentioned above, the channel is not official. Although most of the people there are members of these forums, conversations in IRC are by nature spontaneous and so it is a lot more "direct" than the forums. That said, if you are careful not to take it too seriously then it's a good community - albeit a rather strange one (yes, we are looking at you ArsoN).

I'm glad that you came back and had a good chat. If you have any problems then send me or any of the other channel ops a PM on there :)

10. Xtrafresh

Nah, all my problems are solved now by the wonderfully psychotic ArsoN and his cronies. :eyebrow:

speaking of which, is there a tool to ignore say 4 in 5 words that ArsoN sais? it would make discussions a lot more readable in IRC :D

11. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

The IRC channel is not official for a reason mostly because no one can/wants to mod it to make it conform to the standards of this form.. that said the 2 are linked by its population and many a forum topics have been spawned there (read the cult behind relix avatars).

12. Joel

Joel What's a Dremel?

To be quite honest, the last time someone asked a serious question on IRC, 4 people were killed and 9 ended up in hospital with serious shock injuries, and someone tried to force DALnet offline.

Its safer for all of us on IRC if you just go along with the comedy insults and banter (I mean, who the fork is XtraFresh anyway, sounds like a rival to ToiletDuck to me :p) and slip the serious question in the guise of a joke, something along the line of "Whats the best way to attach EL string to my case because Astrum has a penis shaped like a coathanger" etc.

Joel

13. Xtrafresh

haha, yeah i noticed the relix worship thing you have going on here ;)

i'm kinda afraid to ask, but any chance of linkage to the original 'incident'? I'm always up for a good read :p

14. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

15. specofdust

specofdust Banned

"/ignore arson"

The first command I type in every IRC client ;)

My experience with #bit-tech and actual questions is that sometimes folk are useful, and generally they're not. That's fair enough, as said they ain't there for tech support. I get what you were hoping for, but tbh I think most of the regulars and oldest members on the forums aren't regular modders. A few are, but most aren't. Unless you could convince all the modders to hop into the IRC chans and idle there, then basicly you're not going to be able to get what you want. Sorry :(

16. Emzay

Emzay "He's doing a poo!"