1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: "G5 Retaliation" March 19th. Alive and kicking! Happy days!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Angel OD, 18 Sep 2007.

1. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Cheezeit<-- Yeah, I know... And I am willing t make a bet that he will drewl all over his keyboard when he see them! :)
    I'm actually aiming for a little tear from him... *LOL*

Tapperswe<-- Thx m8... I aim to please! ;)

RytmeHunden<-- He he... I have a complete workshop, but it kinda sux that I can't just start working when inspiration strikes! I gotta get into the car and drive about 8 km. to Lyngby... But yeah, let's get together over a beer or two, and exchange ideas, that would be great! :)

No news otherwise... I've got the design for the reservoir down, but it will not be revealed before it's done! I hope you like it, but I guess time will tell! ;) It's a revolutionary design... At least in one way, but it might mean more to me than to the rest of you guys, but I will put in a small story about it when it's done! :)
    I also gotta figure out how to mount the compression-fittings on the pump, but that should be a piece of cake to do! :) I haven't measured anything, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I only need to cut the nozzles, and make a thread inside them... :thumb:

2. rytmehunden

rytmehunden I love glory and fame

Oh my goodness!! You have a complete workshop? well... i think im gonna aim at making you my new best friend :D
    Indeed lets get together and grab some beers. That would be awesome. Just let me know when, then ill start up the car and head for Lyngby :thumb:

3. Pfaffen

Pfaffen What's a Dremel?

Made a chipsetblock, just for the heck of it yesterday. The only reason it's made from aluminum is that it's much faster to work with, than copper. BTW, I made it on a manual mill, not a cnc. :)

[​IMG] [/QUOTE]

Heck of a nice job on the chipsetblock.

4. brinkz0r

brinkz0r Minimodder

Thanks for the link on how to upgrade your Laing DDC :) I don't know which one I have, because I removed the sticker, but I'm going to check, and maybe mod, it ;)

Edit: Well it didn't work, the connections are different :(

Last edited: 10 Jan 2008
  5. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Pfaffen<-- Thx m8. I made it for fun... It's not gonna be used for anything, was just bored, and wanted to see how it looked! ;)
    The blocks will be made of cobber, as it's twice as good at dispercing the heat as aluminum! And one should never mix cobber and aluminum
    in a system... It will transfer ion's (or whatever it's called) and it will actually kill the aluminum... slowly, but steady...

brinkz0r<-- He he... that was actually not the idea, I take no responsibility if anyone F's up anything... ;)
    Do you remember the version of your laing? It says what version it is, on the print! Apparently the mod is only for version 3.3...

6. brinkz0r

brinkz0r Minimodder

I didn't notice that on the print, I just looked at the way the wires were soldered. It looks like the version on the right on this picture. So it should be version 5.3. I may be able to solder a third wire to it, to read the rpm, but that wouldn't be necessary.

7. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

This one goes out to Cheapskate... Mostly! :lol:

Just came home from 7 hours at the workshop, and I got some stuff done. Didn't get around to doing the res, because I keep getting new ideas for it... :) But... I got some other goodies for you guys! ;)

Getting started on the CPU block:

[​IMG]

And meanwhile, as the mill tends to itself, I decided to do a little mod to the pump, making it possible to mount the fittings.
    I cut the tip off, and made an M10 thread. Then I went to a lathe, and made 2 pieces with M10 in one end, and 1/8" in the other... Voila:

[​IMG]

Mounted on the pump:

[​IMG]

A bit later:

[​IMG]

Let's get rid of the water:

[​IMG]

I'm truly sorry guys, that I didn't take enough pictures, but I completely forgot... So you will make do with the results... :)

The top for the CPU-Block:

[​IMG]

The top for the Northbridge Block:

[​IMG]

The CPU block... Cpl of shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Top mounted:

[​IMG]

Fittings mounted:

[​IMG]

Cpl of pics of Northbridge Block, with top and fittings mounted:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So... That's pretty much what the day brought! :)

The "Xtreme2O" text will probably be filled with blue uv-paint, but the jury is still out on that one! :)

I must say, I'm actually very pleased with the results, but only time will tell how it will all function... :)

I made a cpl of errors, that will be corrected, probably tomorrow:

The groove for the O-ring in the CPU-Block got 2/10 of a mm too deep, I'll just mill that off the top! :)

I forgot the holes to mount the Northbrigde-Block to the Mobo! :lol:

But all in all, as Ice Cube said it; Today was a good day! :)

Last edited: 12 Jan 2008
  8. DZ469

DZ469 I'm a modding nightmare

Wow man those blocks look amazing. The CPU block is designed rly well. :thumb: Keep up the good work. :D

9. rytmehunden

Perfect job my man!! ;-)

10. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

DZ469<-- Thx man.. And no worries, I will! ;)

rytmehunden<-- Thx... Means a lot! :) I got your back, so let's get your mod up to date! ;)

11. rytmehunden

Like the sound of that!! :D

I will stop by tomorrow and PERHAPS i will bring a sixpack depending on the workload we are facing :clap:

12. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Ow,Ow,Ow...
    I'd Yell again, but when I saw this one of my eyes just popped completely out of the socket, and I had to go push it back in.:D
    That's an absoutely beautiful cpu block!!! It has a nice Nazca lines pattern to it. Just awesome!
    I also like how you modded the pump. I hope it doesn't hurt the flowrate. If it does, you could always make your own pump top. (hint... prod...:naughty:)
    -You might need to put a webcam inside the case so you can see the 'inner beauty.':hehe: I know I'm having a hard time leaving MY case shut, so I'm betting you will want to ogle the waterblocks while running too.;)

13. Macros_the_Black

Macros_the_Black Yup.. I'm a f-ing reptile

Nice surface finish on the cuts in the CPU block! Looks like you got the cutting data just right. =) I don't have any experience with milling copper, but with soft aluminum can be a bit tricky to get that shiny finish at times.. depending on what tools and cutting fluid you have. How is it with copper?

Another question.. about the channels in the CPU block, is that a true and tested design? Looks to me that it might limit the flow a lot with all those bends and twists.. but then again, I only know a little about water cooling, so I might be mistaken.
    It looks fantastic though! 8D¨

14. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

The DDC will hardly be strained by it. It might take a while to purge air bubbles though. The channels look like about 1/4"square area, about equal to the pump outlet.
    -and he's added a ridiculous amount of surface area to the copper.:D

15. widmod

widmod Minimodder

stunning selfmade waterblocks :jawdrop: !!!!

16. brinkz0r

brinkz0r Minimodder

Really nice block, that should be a nice workshop :D

17. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Those waterblocks are mad of awesome and win.
    /troll
    That is an amazing design. patent it as a waterblock yet?

18. Oreon_237

Oreon_237 CHEA BRO!

WOW :jawdrop: those blocks are truly made of win. Thats some sweet milling work.

19. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Cheapskate <-- I'm glad you like them! :) It makes all the work worth it! ;)
    I actually wanted to make a top for the pump, I just need to dig deeper at work, to see if we have any see-through material in the thickness needed! :)
    The side of the G5 will have a window... I couldn't live without looking at it from time to time (ALL the time actually) he he...

Macros <-- I HOPE it works... If not, it's back to the drawingboard... And the mill! ;)

500mph <-- Hardly needed to patent them... With that many blocks on the market, not many ppl are as stupid as I, to use time and fabricate them! :lol:

As for the rest of you guys... Thx, it means a lot! :thumb: And encourages me to keep modding! :)

20. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Jumped in here late, but wanted to tell you Angel OD that those blocks are bad-ass. Great job on 'em. Can't wait to see them in action! :thumb:

Tags: