1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress project: "Black & Bling" , new update 22. January

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by rytmehunden, 31 Dec 2007.

1. rytmehunden

rytmehunden I love glory and fame

Can you chrome with powdercoat? :eeek: I didnt know.. Well.. lets have them drawings on the table and lets have a look at em!! soon!! ;)

2. rytmehunden

Hey everybody.
    Here you have a brand new "very small" update"

I havent had as much time to mod as i would like.. but still something has come out of the efforts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Cut the frame for the bottom section of front bezel.

[​IMG]
    Both frames finished and ready for sanding and polishing.. (hard work :waah: )

The BIG essense of this update is that i would like the peoples (cheapskate´s) opinion on THIS example for the front bezel.
    Feel free to gimme some constructive critisism. :hip:

[​IMG]

I will be back soon with another update. I got some different projects on the case in progress at the same time so i want to wait a little before posting another update, so you will have some more pics to look at. :D

3. SlappKnutts

SlappKnutts What's a Dremel?

Man I liked the lookes of that front bezel the way it was, without the mesh! I'm not even sure what cheapskate means with the ledge...
    and this is giving me some ideas... cuz I have almost that exact same case!

4. rytmehunden

hehe the word "ledge" has yet to mean something to me.. i still have no idea what that word means haha..

Well.. im not sure what i will stick with.. fortunately theres a long way to go yet before i make the final assembly so i have plenty of time to make up my mind.

I have to agree that the original design looks great.. but still this one looks nice to.. i got some thinking to do :grr:

What are your plans for your case?

5. lost_modder

lost_modder What's a Dremel?

cheapskate was saying (i think) that things would look better if the plexi was flush with the surrounding metal. as it is now, the plexi is lower than the metal & having a step-down look to it. if the mesh is cut to the inside size & mounted infront of the plexi, that is more or less what he was going for. I like it either way. good work

you had: --metal--__plexi__--metal-- see? plexi is under

cheapskate said: --metal--==plexi/metal==--metal-- now it's even across surface

also ledge = shelf

6. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I like the mesh addition, but you won't like what it reminds me of. It looks like the old StarTrek red alert light.:D
    I'm sorry if I confused everyone.-I do that a lot...
    Remember: My opinion is 90% cr*p. You are the person who has to look at it. It should suit your taste.:D

7. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Remember Cheapskate - opinions are like belly buttons - there are no wrong opinions, only opinions that need further enlightenment! I been here on this planet since the last years of the "Great Conflict". With age you will come to see the Force young Padawan. I for one find the opinions of the less aged to be refreshing. Different how-to's, different what ifs, different should haves and would haves. Sorry for the soapbox but I like the younger views. I can do things with money and resources that the younger can do with smarts and trying!
    Bless - John

8. rytmehunden

Hey yo.
    I wrote earlier in this log that the plexi im using for the picture is a test piece. The one that im using has been cut to the correct size. ;)

Thanks for the compliment about my work man :D

And even more thanks for the ledge = shelf comment hehe

9. rytmehunden

Hey Cheapskate :D
    Maybe i should make this a star trek mod instead.. aah **** it.. ill go for the original design i think..

aaaargh cant make up my mind.. i have really got some issues to think about.. But dude.. is rather you comment with critisism rather than just padding me on the shoulders all the time, so thanks alot for that man! :thumb:

10. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

omg i got that case too! xD... 2 of the actually lol

looking god m8!.. like factory made actually xD like alot:)

Tags: