1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Windows 7 build leaked?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 23 Jan 2008.

1. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Because Seth doesn't know Vista (and later on WIndows 7), so he feels intellectually inferior. :p

@rhuitron
    LOL!

2. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

Moved to Vista 64 to use 4Gb as well, but I still have XP 32bit on my 2nd hard drive. Since installing Vista I haven't gone back to use XP for anything, I simply do not have any problems in Vista. Comparing ME to Vista is pretty ridiculous, Vista is tanking more on mainstream popularity rather than actually sucking.

3. completemadness

completemadness What's a Dremel?

ME allways worked for me, Ok, it was unstable, bloated and slow, but other then that it was actually perfectly usable to me

I dont see a difference between that and Vista

4. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

@completemadness, you probably didn't even see the difference in 2000 or XP. (if you ever had those OS's)
    Not to insult of offend you in any way, you are probably a type of user that mostly surf the web, and at most use office related software.

If you are doing online banking, and doing anything that contains sensitive data, and the latest OS is must for you. As security issues are solved, and Microsoft drops support for their older OS's after some time. Now I am not saying that having the latest OS will make you safe at 100%, you also need a router, anti-virus, a descent firewall (to block most attacks) [Windows Vista one is pretty impressive, compared the one from XP] and anti-spyware (I still don't know about Windows Defender...I haven't got a bunch of spywares to perform test to see which one seams to grab the most). But having a latest and fully update OS plays a great part in your system security.

5. completemadness

I saw a massive difference in XP, i never really used 2000 before XP (i have used it since, but found it inferior to XP so didnt stick with it for that long)

XP is much improved over 98/ME, its the most stable OS so far IMO, its easy to use, everything is at your fingertips (well compared to any other windows OS)
    The only downside was, it used a bit more memory (512mb was the min vs 256mb (real world figures here)) and had problems with some older programs (only a few app's didnt work for me)

XP still recieves security updates, and will atleast until windows7 comes out

I see no reason to buy vista, its a turd, and the only nice thing about it is the searchable start menu, and drivers being in userspace, every other feature is a waste of time, and pointless, at uni when im forced to use vista, i turn most of the "vista" stuff off because its just plain bloat

6. Jebus.exe

Jebus.exe Beta V1.0.0.1

They have to milk vista for the next seven years before we are likely to see win7... :D

7. MilkMan5

MilkMan5 Yeah man...

Hhhmmmmm - not sure about this one.

8. flacowboy

flacowboy What's a Dremel?

why do so many people say vista failed when micosoft posted it biggest profit in years and has soldmore copys if vista then xp at the same amout of relese time i just think people hate change

9. genesisofthesith

genesisofthesith complete spanner

But when you consider the ammount of computers around now to xp's launch the market penetration is less. This will level out over time as new retail pc's ship with vista, but for those who upgrade their os theres far less reason to go to vista over xp than it was to xp over 98/me.

10. G0RD0N FAN

G0RD0N FAN Jeff Gordon #24

I thought the same thing.:thumb:

11. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

personally I think it was the best launched OS Microsoft has ever had far less issues on launch the when XP launched thats for sure.

12. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I use ME on a number of my machines and find it to be stable as a rock. I can't remember the last time I had a freeze / crash on ME. I never developed a taste for XP and Vista turned me off so much I went to linux.

The reason for the comparisons between vista and ME is that both were basically re-skinning of an existing OS with some new features that ended up causing more problems than they solved.

I think vista will continue to be popular, but history may well record that it was the OS that began the downfall of MS. Sure, lots of people like it, but never before have I hard so many people citing a new OS (vista) as being the reason they switched to an alternative. Vista has driven a lot of people to both linux and to a lesser extent macs, and I anticipate that trend will continue.

13. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

^^^ see that is something I just dont understand, XP on launch was far worse then Vista on its launch but my guess is they let XP stay on the playing field to long, mush longer then previous OSes and that got people nice and comfy and really set in their ways so when Vista came out that scared the hell out of them and so they really didint like the idea of leaving their comfort zone and complained more so then they really needed to.

14. completemadness

I don't think anyone disagrees XP was a bit crappy when it launched, But that was mostly compatibility problems, lots of programs wouldn't run and stuff - other then that, it wasn't that bad (ofc that's a really bad thing) But SP1 came out, fixed those problems and it was the most stable/reliable MS OS to date

Ever wonder why everyone said "wait for vista SP1" - trouble is, Vista SP1 is basically an accumulation of patches, and doesn't fix the problems with Vista itself

15. Shielder

Shielder Live long & prosper!

Look here for the lowdown on Windows 7.

Looks like it will be 2011 before it sees the light of day...

Andy

Tags: Add Tags