1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News CryTek specs a budget machine for Crysis

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 17 Jan 2008.

1. knuck

knuck Hate your face

If I say anything, it's going to get old :D

Shouldn't crytek have done this before they released the game ? It could have been the recommended machine on the game box or something

*Comes back after inspecting the box

Err, there is is recommended specs , meh

2. biebiep

biebiep What's a Dremel?

Simple, Crysis is a trilogy(Just like everything else you can buy these days...) and all of the chapters will go further in getting the most from the same engine. (Although some rumors say the last part will already be CryEngine3)

So if you were to play crysis part 2 in like... 1 year from now... you would still get Eye-blinding graphics from the same engine.
    And then if you were to play part 3 in 2 years... it would still be the same engine, the same code, but buffed up to the maximum with hardware that can actually run it at ultra specs.

3. Tim S

Tim S OG

I'm doing some benchmarks with Crysis 1.1 patch at the moment and I have to say that performance does seem to be improved a bit with it. :)

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

8800GT..... hum........ i think Crytek might had more sells if they release AFTER 8800GT and put that as minimum spec.

since the old GTS and even GTX are stretched when playing this game, due to the amount of shader processing power required.

5. Orlix

Orlix What's a Dremel?

I have an old 8800GTS and run at 1600x1400 at high settings.... sure, It i s OC to 640/900. The game looks beautiful. I also learned that if you play like a std FPS like CoD its boring. If you exploit the advantages of the suit it becomes more fun. Grab a guy toss him agaist a crowd, run and become invisible letting the rest wondering where you are...

6. 8igdave

8igdave Counting down the days to November!

Reasonable but a bit vage i think. The point still remains that the game seems badly optimized. That serposid 7-14 day patch to boost performance never arrived.

And why did my pc just beep at me :|

Tags: Add Tags