1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"tf2 heavy tribute" - "27-january"

Discussion in 'Modding' started by dogneely, 27 Jan 2008.

1. dogneely

dogneely sup

sup

i reccently became interseted in moding and this is going to be my first mod so wish me luck

my idea for this mod was to make a tf2 related mod
    i didn't want to decorate an exsisting case so i was going to make something from the game
    my only options were
    the heavys mini gun
    the engie's sentry
    and the pyros flame thrower

so i decided to do the mini gun

incase you have no idea what im talking about or dont know what tf2 is here are some pics

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    stay turned for more on tuesday were ill be geting the parts out of an old dell case and find my other parts to make this

Last edited: 28 Jan 2008
  2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Upload them to any image host like www.imageshack.us or www.photobucket.com. You'll be given a link that you can post within [ IMG ] tags. Hope this helps.

Sounds pretty interesting even though it's not 100% new. :)

Subscribed.

3. dogneely

dogneely sup

thnx and what do you mean is there somone else

4. dogneely

dogneely sup

stay turned for more on tuesday were ill be geting the parts out of an old dell case and find my other parts to make this

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

There are others watching... just there's no progress shown might keep them from posting.

6. Macros_the_Black

Macros_the_Black Yup.. I'm a f-ing reptile

yup *returns to stalking this thread from the shadows patiently awaiting some juicy progress to sink my teeth into* B]

7. SirShaw

SirShaw What's a Dremel?

8. -Nick-

-Nick- What's a Dremel?

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Moved to modding until this project actually gets under way with some pics - as are the project log forum rules :)

We'll be featuring the Sentry mod very soon - as soon as the builder has finished it.

10. dogneely

dogneely sup

sry for the delay i said that i would post yester day and i didnt but being a 15 year old i dont have much time to work on this kind of stuff

ok so the first thing i did was remove all the parts from the old dell case i had
    i used this in stead of new parts since i have no money

[​IMG][​IMG]
    here are some pictures of the case and what it looked like empty

[​IMG][​IMG]
    this is the mother board and the other parts that i took out

so after starting i had many ideas on how to do this over all i decided that i would put the mother board and most of the rest in the ammo bucket/tube

but making a circular pc case was something that i was stumped on so had 2 ideas that might actually work the first was to makea wire frame with hard ware cloth and then cover with fiber glass

but my second idea came to me as soon as i saw it it was to take a bucket as the frame and wrap fiber glass around it to make the relative shape

[​IMG]
    here is the ordinary bucket that chlorine and other chemicals usaly come in

so now that i have an idea of what to do, im going to use the exsisting mother board panel and attach the mother board to it and that to acrilic for strength which will all go inside the bucket

first i removed all the panels by drilling the rivots out

[​IMG][​IMG]
    here is all of the different panels that i took apart
    i wonder if my warrenty still aplies

after geting the panel i needed, i had to cut it down in order to fit inside the bucket
    i cut it with a oxyacetylene cutting torch and then finished it of using a grider
    [​IMG][​IMG]

here is the finished product
    [​IMG][​IMG]

and here it is inside the bucket
    [​IMG]

since my acrilic and fiber glass has not come in this is as far as i could get

due to the fact that i have school at the soonest expecct there to be a new one every week

and on a final note sorry for the pictures in my next post and the ones after they will be a uniform size

Last edited: 31 Jan 2008
  11. TheZodiac

TheZodiac What's a Dremel?

Dang. Someone's beating me to this project. And it looks like you're using some of the same stuff I was considering.

Look at the turret case mod (I'm sure you've seen it by now anyway) for ideas on the barrel. For the handle, I was going to use PVC pipes and cover the joints with pipe insulation.

The odd-looking "caps" on the pipe that runs through the back of the barrel (where the forward handle is) look a lot like the handle of a pull cord for a lawn mower.

I know its been a while since there's been any activity in this thread. Any progress?