1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 need for speed pro street question

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DXR_13KE, 31 Jan 2008.

1. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

is this game an example of the quality of games on the console?

edit: i was talking about graphic quality....

edit2: i am asking this because i saw a kid playing the game on a top of the range TV from sony and the game looked like crap on chips and was lagy as hell, even this machine can do better.

Last edited: 31 Jan 2008
  2. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I'd warrant a no

3. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

It is pitiful compared to games like Burnout Paradise and DIRT.

Actually, it's pitiful compared to all previous NFS games.

4. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

It's an okay game and isn't good or bad. Mediocre at best. And this is coming from someone who has played the franchise religiously since their very first game.

5. willowthewhite

willowthewhite Minimodder

The car damage is a nice addition, but a complete let down on every level otherwise

6. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

it is complete poo.

Sorry EA. Please Try Again

7. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

what i meant was in the graphics department.....

8. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

The PS3 infamously struggles to get good framerates on H-L2: Episode 2, which can run beautifully on a single-core machine with a year-old GFX card. I won't make any uninformed, sweeping statements about what this indicates of the PS3's capabilities, but personally I don't think it bodes too well.
    Possibly just inept/lazy programmers and porting efforts, though, rather than bad hardware.
    As with most consoles from the last generation, things will probably improve as time goes on. Look at Halo compared with Halo 2 on the original xbox.

9. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i really hope so, the game was so badly rendered that i was there saying to my self "WTF?"

10. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I'm totally ignorant in this respect, but is it possible to use the wrong (i.e. non-HD) cable by accident and thus end up with a shitty picture on an HD tv?

11. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

on a sony made stand. with a sony made console and a sony made tv, all assembled by sony....... the problem there was that there was no AA, the jagies were everywere, the game was not fluid in some parts and the quality of it all was..... low, not in the "it is all blurry like i am playing this at 640x480" kind of way, but in "hey i am playing this game on a "good" machine at a high resolution and quality it cant handle and i have not yet touched the AA" kind of way.

12. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

The game just looks ****. That's all there is to it. It's a pile of crap, simply.

13. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

in saying that you are also saying that all other games on the ps3 are far superior in terms of graphic quality and speed, right?

14. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I think he's just saying that the game looks like ****...

15. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

which completely answers the "is this game an example of the quality of games on the console?" question......

16. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

ProStreet is not indicative of other games on the PS3. Take Burnout Paradise for example, which looks excellent and has awesome graphics. It's possible that the image you were looking at was low quality, but ProStreet is an ugly game to start with anyway.

17. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i will try to find some place were they have Burnout Paradise on show.... as for ProStreet, i think it was on max quality, the stand is there to sell games..... right?
    anyway thanks for the excellent answer :D

18. Kurayamino

Kurayamino As long as the Raven flies

QFT! EA seem to be churning out any old pap, shame they don't actually listen to people that have been playing games since they was . <---- that big!

19. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Big up! I definitely agree with you on that one. Which installments were your favourite?

Mine would have to be:
    -NFS2 - because it was outright fast and fun. Basically the progenitor of what the Burnout franchise has now become, sans damage. The best music of the franchise, too.
    -NFS3 - first time I played a game with cops (excluding GTA), and the cars and music were great. The circuits got a lot harder and darker with this game.
    -NFS5 - Porsche Unleashed is easily my favourite of them all. The game was more realistic than the franchise's previous titles and the concept of upgrading and driving your cars through the eras was brilliant!

20. presentationmall

presentationmall What's a Dremel?

Game is very nice,but the graphic quality needs to be changed.