1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics ICSP ic prog Board.

Discussion in 'Modding' started by yor101, 8 Feb 2008.

1. yor101

yor101 What's a Dremel?

Well I though Id teah myself a new hobby so I went out and followed some schematics and came up with my own design for an icsp-usb interface for my 18f2550 mcu, I dont have anyone to check to make sure the connections are all in the right order, so I thoguh where else to look but here.
    Also, I know how to etch one layer copper clad boards but this is 2 layers and I havent found any article that used 2 layers, any suggestions on the best way to etch on 2 layer. I was thinking of etching 2 separate boards and joining them together, any thoughts on it.
    Oh and another thing, some schematics connects the mclr to serial pin 3 with a 4.7k resistor while others dont. what effects would this have, I measured the voltage on my serial port and was getting a steady 12v.

[​IMG]

2. yor101

yor101 What's a Dremel?

come on... no help :(

3. francisl1420

francisl1420 What's a Dremel?

Dunno if the circuit is correct, but if you wanna make a double layer PCB why don't you etch the blue and red tracks on seperate PCB's then stick them together back to back. Make sure that they are lined up correctly then drill the holes. Place the parts on the blue side and solder the red side normally and the blue side as surface mount. Never tried making 2 layer PCB but thats the way i would try to do it on the cheap.

4. yor101

yor101 What's a Dremel?

rofl, thanks for the reply.
    anyway I did that earlier today, and wierdly, it worked :D I had to modify a few components, and if any one is doing Multi layered etching, remember to not only miror but flip the on side (vertical/hori) so it lines up, I forgot to do it.:wallbash:

5. francisl1420

francisl1420 What's a Dremel?

nice one :D

6. const_

const_ What's a Dremel?

two boards back to back why didnt i think of that !

did you suffer trying to align them?

7. yor101

yor101 What's a Dremel?

nah It was quite easy, because of the orentation of the pads and holes I was able to drill the and put them in the right place. just Only real problem was the length of some of the contacts I had to cut some wire and run them through the board.

8. const_

const_ What's a Dremel?

cool