1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Right Z-2300 speaker died, now what?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pillow, 11 Feb 2008.

1. pillow

pillow What's a Dremel?

i have the z-2300 speakers and my right speaker no longer works. i have tried to contact logitech, but i am only getting simple tutorials to try, which of course i have already done. is there a place were i can buy individual speakers for this system? or find speakers that will work with this system? any recommendations?

thanks,

pillow

2. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

You opened it and so on? And are positively sure the problem is in the speaker itself...

I think the Z-series speakers use cones manufactured by Tangband, so you might want to buy a right sized cone from somewhere and try how it sounds. Those things only cost about 15 bucks, so it wouldn't become too expensive even if it didn't solve the problem.

EDIT: there are the models available: http://www.tb-speaker.com/p1.htm Dunno about your local dealers.... Just go by the looks, I don't think Logitech is kind enough to stick to Tangband's own model names...

EDIT2: And if you can't find a similar looking speaker from the list then you might just buy two of some and replace also the working one. Those things are known to have high price/soundquality value.

3. pillow

pillow What's a Dremel?

i am sure its the speaker, because the other speaker works and when i switch which plugs i plug the actual speaker into on my subwoofer, the speaker that works still works and the one that doesnt still doesnt work. and no i havent opened it up. im at college so all i got right now is a pocket knife and that could get it open, but i dont want to take the chance and void a warranty if i have one still. so with the tb speaker i would jsut install it into the logitech speaker case? and unless i get them offline i really doubt i can get them here were my college is. looking at the speakers, i cannot find any screws except on the bottom, not they way i think one would open it up.

edit: i figured how to open them, screws were under the mesh in front. will get back about what i find.

edit: i opened it up and nothing seems to be wrong with the speaker, the wires is attached. so i dont know.

Last edited: 11 Feb 2008
  4. Jipa

There a guy opened Z-5500 set and re-made the housings. Also shows how to get them open. http://metku.net/index.html?path=mods/logiwood/index_eng3

Atleast the drivers seen there are Tangbands and have mounting holes and so should be replaceable... Bu t let us know when you get them open! Check the warranty first :)

5. pillow

pillow What's a Dremel?

well i got em open and there are some numbers on the back of the drive. 8 ohms and 170001-0000 and R46PC. the drivers look remarkably similar to those of the z5500 and to these http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=264-814. the only difference would be that were you connect the wire, on mine they connectors stick out horizontally. i will go borrow a friends camera and get a pic up. have it up in like 10 15 minutes.

6. pillow

pillow What's a Dremel?

PICS:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

if any other angels are needed just let me know.

7. Jipa

If the measurements match then I'd say you have your new driver.. Logitech must buy tons of those things so they may get their drivers modified in some way, but that's as close as you can get to the original thing. Just order one and see how it sounds?

8. pillow

pillow What's a Dremel?

i will try and rma the speakers through logitech because they are still well under the two year warranty (has been maybe 4 or 5 months).

9. 1ajs

1ajs What's a Dremel?

soory to bump somthing outa the past like this from 2 yrs ago found this on google aww i think i might have a fix for this problem i am going to test as the cone rides on the center metal peace and it apears to be greased on them all and the one making the noise on the system i am looking at is lacking grease compared to the others

10. SazBard

SazBard 10 PRINT "C64 FTW"

Guys, just telephone Logitech, they have an awesome customer services department and will probably send you a whole new set!

I know this thread is old but someone searching might find it useful... maybe...