1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nintendo lost $975 million to piracy last year

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Feb 2008.

1. Major

Major Guest

I bought a M3 Real for some homebrew games and games which I would never buy, and I'm so happy I never bought 99% of them, most of them are utter crap, not fun, and they are £20 a peice, it's a joke.

2. The Infamous Mr D

The Infamous Mr D Minimodder

My bum. Obviously.

3. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Ditto.

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I imagine it will be cheaper as well? Aren't carts quite expensive to produce? I might be getting confused with the SNES days though with the whole FX chips and stuff.

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

nice first post......

6. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

And I lost 200 euro last year from buying bad games... So whats their point?

7. Breach

Breach Modding in Exile

Ugh, just as bad as the RIAA with their made up bull**** statistics. How can they even track this reliably? Do they go door do door and ask to see your pirated games?

Not sure about others but I keep my "illegals" as clandestine as possible...

The real question I want an answer to is: How does a company lose money on games most people would not have paid for anyway?

8. Major

Major Guest

Also if they are so pissed off about it, just make the games cheaper. I mean maybe even halved. A lot more people would buy games if they where cheaper.

9. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan What's a Dremel?

Virtual console on the Wii allows you to download and play past games from Sega, Nintendo, and others, including N64, SNES, NES and old Sega consoles too.

Fair enough to play test something to see if it's worth buying as there are a lot of **** games out there. But remember kids. If you're playing a pirated game and enjoying it, buy it.

10. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Are they using this an a reason why they sold millions of Wii's and no games because the only game people want to play is Wii sports which comes with the Wii hence no game sales.

11. sinkhead

sinkhead Pleh

Being staff and a reviewer of flashcarts (modchips) at the one of the largest Nintendo forums in the world (GBAtemp) is interesting. I have more than 10 of these 'piracy devices' and the problem is that piracy is easier than actually buying the game. Why should I go and buy a DS game when I can download it in less than a minute from Usenet?

12. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

the homebrew for DS is very good though... I would buy one entirly for homebrew if I wasn't so dammed poor.

13. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

hahaha very nice :thumb:

Tags: Add Tags