1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Dark Blade by G69T

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by G69T, 30 Nov 2004.

1. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

Just got my new Popular Science, opened it up, saw this, awesome creation!

2. MonkeyNutZ

MonkeyNutZ Crysis Fiend

I read my PopSci at breakfast, no article could possibly do this epic mod justice.

40k is a little pricey for epicness though :thumb:

3. G69T

G69T CNC Modder

I have not yet my copy of PopSci. :wallbash:

What is your opinion about the article?

Thanks ;)

4. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

Same thing as this project log, FREAKIN AMAZING!

5. zelox991

zelox991 Wanna-Be-Modder

An inspiration to all the people out there of just what you can do with your imagination!
    This is an unbelievable work, true mastery of machinary, serious devotion and attention to detail makes this case the best yet!
    Thx G69T for this truely amazing work of ART. :D

6. KoSoVaR-aka-v3n1

KoSoVaR-aka-v3n1 A dremel is a multifunktion tool

About the sketches

Have u made them in Maya

7. ednismod

ednismod Minimodder

Oh snap! I have read the long journey of this thread and all I can say is that... this project is totally the best. Every update is stunningly beautiful. G69T sir, your talent is exceptional. You are truly amazing.

8. Dutchgrass

Dutchgrass a what ?

Speechless :thumb:

9. G69T

G69T CNC Modder

Thanks to all, guys! ;)

This is my last project, but I'm thinking to a new modding. I want to recycle some old pieces for a simple case...:rock:

10. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I've seen the Spider case page and followed this one and I don't think you can do simple - just art!
    John

11. Tyxx

Tyxx What's a Dremel?

Nah the UH-60 is nothing compared 2 good old huey. :blush:

12. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

This is your first and only post so far... so i think that makes you the only person in this thread that joined bit-tech just to comment on Dark Blade, but didn't praise G69T = fail :nono:

13. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

NOOB
    Gianluca (fixed spelling, sorry) did this. Screw the helicopter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: 17 Sep 2008
  14. praetor coda

praetor coda What's a Dremel?

Ingenius in it's simplicity

To compare G69T's design of what is simply a glorified PC case to anything other than what it really is, "Art", is cruel and unusual punishment but to sum up such a work as this in one word, "visionary", is just scratching the surface of what is relatively genius in design, hence the title. though looking at this build one can't help but to think that this PC is the new look of the klingon server, i mean what use are knives on a PC? I doubt that gamers are going to initiate a rite by tying their hands together with SATA cables, and grabbing a knife from a corner of this case and begin knife fighting, life imitating art a la early michael jackson video "Beat It". But to say that the design/build is inspirational, encouragable and open minded is like sitting next to God and watching the earth being created. (which is funny in and of itself because I am a proud atheist, which again, is saying a lot of this build). Those who think I am exagerating on this build can understand the hyperbole and thus confirm what I just said. No one could've done better ( and no one has, to date) but everyone is inspired so much more to mod PC cases that they begin to command the same respect as G69T gets from his fans, that case modding will never ever die...as long as there are people like G69T, Tribaloverkill (who, I must emphasis, does his build by hand) and starbuck(sorry, I forget the numbers) and many others who display their builds here on bit-tech who are pioneers paving the way to something greater. Only two people on the planet can confirm Syd Mead and G69T. Thanks, G69T for sharing such a build, the process and the coda of what is generally your latest build...and hopefully, not at all, your last. Keep on modding and as a famous person once said, "Excelsior!"

Last edited: 17 Sep 2008
  15. G69T

G69T CNC Modder

Many thank to praetor coda for the comment.

The Dark Blade is only a pc case, one object! But it's one object that expresses more things and concepts. One of them is the sharing of the project with the community of bit-tech and all of you.

Thanks to all guys! :thumb:

Gianluca

16. Woodlauncher

Woodlauncher What's a Dremel?

I don't like it.

It just doesn't work for me. I would still give it a 15 out of 10 because of the time, money and effort put into this. The craftsmanship and the attention you put to the small details is just AWESOME (i'm cpt. AWESOME btw (?) ) Just because I personally wouldn't want it because of the design doesn't mean that it's cool in it's own essence and THAT is why I like it.

By the way, you won't be having trouble getting the big boys to sponsor your whole projects now will you? :D
    Wish ya luck!

Another thing, why do people stare at blobs and try to figure out what the artist thought while making that piece?

-- What? Who's this nutjob?

Last edited: 26 Sep 2008
  17. ThUnD3r_Bl4d3

ThUnD3r_Bl4d3 What's a Dremel?

Molto bello, ti assicuro che ne ho visti tanti di PC Moddati ma questo mi piace molto!

lo voglio!

quanto vuoi?

ovviamente mi interessa il CASE l'hardware interno puoi tenertelo...

puoi conttarmi all'indirizzo giovaweb1@gmail.com

ovviamente sono serio... posso pagarti molto bene...

sono anche interessato hai progetti...

18. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I just want a lathe and mill someday in a nice garage.. I am pretty good manually believe it or not =] the cnc is fun cause you can do things like etch designs, letters/numbers but for the average guy without a trust fund- mill and lathe will do the trick.. if it was me I would have made the external threads on the screws just to show off.. awesome details like on those feet

funny guys who never ran a mill or lathe or manually made parts think it's magic.. learn to read a micrometer and have a calculator around- you can pretty much make anything you want.. some cnc operators can't even make parts by hand! and with mastercam omg- you can be a complete dumbass and make custom parts :D

this guy is true though.. I like seeing people passionate about what they make- it usually comes out sick :D I should post the aluminum/brass hammer I made a couple months ago- boy I got a nice finish on it too (all by hand no digital readouts either lol)

19. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Eek!

That's just unfair that you got free access to a CNC and that you know how to use it. ;)

Well, it DOES raise the bar - at least for me. And it makes me want to mod, mod, mod, mod and... well, mod.

Thanks for this worklog - awe-inspiring, un-earthly and simply belissimo! ;)

20. G69T

G69T CNC Modder

Thanks Nutman! ;)

P.S. I would some free time for modding :wallbash:

mvagusta likes this.