1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: "Building Better Worlds" by E.E.L. Ambiense - Completed

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by E.E.L. Ambiense, 2 Feb 2008.

1. JCBeastie

JCBeastie What's a Dremel?

Really, utterly, truely bizzare...

The Weyland Yutani theme, good idea. The colour scheme is erm... odd. The two together makes no sense to me at all!!

So why oh why does it look so good!?

I'm amazed. :p

2. ZeroHerO

ZeroHerO What's a Dremel?

This mod really grows on you, I did not like the colours at the beginning, but as the project evolves I've changed my mind, seeing it together it looks really good.

I really like this mod, good work!

ZeroHerO

3. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

Thanks for the info about powder coating. What kind of setup are you using? I really like the look of the textured black.

4. Candle

Candle The lunatic is in my head

See some orange peel on it.

5. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

You've answered your own Q! LOL. Thanks for the kind words.

Thank you kindly!

Kind of setup?

Yeah, the textured black is nice. It's called Hot Rod Black.

Thanks for the help, there. :D Kind of unavoidable with any kind of paint, short of wetsanding and recoating. I'm just not going to do it. Besides, you cannot tell.

6. Candle

Candle The lunatic is in my head

Your mod.

7. Rocket733

Rocket733 Austerity - It's the only way

What kind of powder coating gun are you using? Are you using a dedicated compressor? Do you get all your materials from Eastwood?

8. E.E.L. Ambiense

Hotcoat. Dedicated compressor is a 26-gallon Husky unit. You only need 10 cfm actually, so this is major overkill, but it's used for many other things...including a 'compressed air' source for cleaning PC's of dust ;). Also need a regulator. And a dedicated electric oven. And plenty of space and exhaust; the powder can be potentially ignited from any electrical spark source. I've seen pics; it ain't pretty, lol. And personal respiration protection.

Other stuff is just crap I use everyday as well.

9. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Do you know anywhere you can still get the old AMS 1009 like you used in biohazard. Looks like a nice case.

10. E.E.L. Ambiense

Um, a bit off-topic, but okay. LOL. Um, very scarce at this point, but the only one I know of is through a company called LogisysUS.com. And they may not actually be in stock anymore. They have windowed or non-windowed. Good luck!

And it IS a nice case. Rivals anything out of LiLi's labs, and that's coming from a LiLi whore too.

11. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Off topic - I sent you a PM
    John

12. jhanlon303

Congrats on the MOTM nomination!:clap::clap: Let's move this up a page!
    John

13. E.E.L. Ambiense

Hahahhaa, just hit up 'Sacrilege' too! Thanks, man.

14. E.E.L. Ambiense

February 29th Mini-Update!

Figured I'd jump in and say thanks to all and to Bit-Tech for nominating me for MOTM. It's an honor, truly.

If you haven't voted yet, or you don't know if you should vote, please do so. In my favor? Sure, please! Pretty please, with powdercoat on top! But if not for me, for someone else. Like John and his G5 mod! :thumb: Or even one of the others. Just vote. Click here and go do it, dang it!

-----------
    Okay, small tiny teeny update again!

Just got a package in the mail from Delvie's Plastic finally... Some acrylic goodness. A whole 30 lbs-worth of acrylic, lol. No, it's not just for Building Better Worlds. It's also for a secret monitor mod I've been working on and off for a bit now. Bit-Tech'll see it eventually. Just not now! ;)

[​IMG]

And here's what the acrylic on BBW (man, does that look wrong when abbreviated! :D) will look like! It'll glow like crazy. It's the same acrylic used on my best friend's Biohazard case.

[​IMG]

I also got the side panel's acrylic work pretty much designed and tweaked. Initally, the plan was to engrave the WY logo in the green UV acrylic, but I decided otherwise. I also made it more layered and '3D' like, instead of just a single layer with a frame like I tend to usually do.

[​IMG]

"Why is the logo in full color?" Well, thanks for paying attention there!! "Will it be painted or something?" Good guess, but no! Actually, I'm going to do a small black square in acrylic as well, and I'm going to laser out the logo proper in acrylic and actually make a real sign to be attached to the side panel's acrylic!

Let's get to lasering, but not now... I'll drop in again when I'm in the right frame of mind. *grabs a magazine and heads for the WC*

-------------
    Until the next update, I got nuthin'. :thumb:

15. E.E.L. Ambiense

By the way..... Just to state that I will NOT be voting for myself, okay? I just don't think that's right is all. I'm old-fashioned!

16. Tolk

Tolk Keep it simple, build it incredible

Congrats to you on MOTM nomination :)

Took me a few minutes to figure out what MOTM stood for, but once I figured it out i was so shocked I didn't even notice the posts you made!

lol

Good luck and Love your mod :)

-Tolk

17. jhanlon303

I'm not voting for me either. I'm just old.:D
    John

18. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

okay I looked around worklog but I didnt see it and if you did answer my question then my bad... but where did you get those handles? I would like to use them on my rig and transporting it around.

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Allthough I'm not really a fan of 'tuti-fruti# colour schemes, this one works really well :thumb:

20. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

Congrats on the front page and MOTM nomination, well deserved for this mod.

Keep them updates coming :thumb:

Darkened

Tags: