1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Lian Li Armoursuit PC-P80

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 25 Feb 2008.

1. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

That is one fugly case. Did Lian-Li hire a designer from Thermaltake?

2. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

LOL.

3. legoman666

legoman666 Beat to fit, paint to match.

agreed. fugly doesn't even cover it.

4. xtremeownage

xtremeownage What's a Dremel?

I hate Cases that sound like a vacuum cleaner in the middle of the night as i try to get by my night of gaming. All i ever get from my parents is turn that thing off. So i spend $100 on noise dampening, silent fan (only 1 in case 120mm) etc. Large Heat sinks etc. This case sucks. Too many Fans, Looks like scrab metal with shady paint.

5. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

tbh, it looks relativley good, in my opinion, and i do like and do own a lian li, but what puts me off, is the Top of the case, and the DOOR, i hate doors with a passion. I quiet like the side panel, and it almost suits it too, shame its ATI branded:(

Sam

6. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

This would look MUCH better in black, but it still wouldn't be particularly nice.

I love most Lian-Li cases though. I'd love to get either a V1200B or a V1100B, but I don't have the cash and my PC-65 is soooooo nice. :)

7. E.E.L. Ambiense

Scrab metal :confused: Scrap, I'm assuming. LOL. Don't get me wrong; I'm sure the build quality is like any other LiLi; very high quality. I just don't dig on front doors and that weird...thing...up top. I like to drop my own buttons in, etc. I dunno. Perhaps I'm in the minority.

8. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

I don't think this case looks bad, and I think a lot of you are getting too hung up over the color... Having said that, I'd take a PC-A7x over it anyday, since the A7x doesn't have the fans in front and is much easier to make quieter. The interior is almost identical, except the A7x has two PSU slots [one on top, one on bottom] and 7 expansion slots instead of 10.

I think some pictures of the regular, black/blue version put in the article off Lian-Li's website [for comparison] or something would be better than overwhelming us with red.

9. brinkz0r

brinkz0r Minimodder

I am definately going to mod that case, if I'm able to get my hands on one. Already found it on the Lian Li site a few weeks ago, but it's just the price that's holding me back.

10. E.E.L. Ambiense

Yeah. $200 or so is my limit, although I'll go over that a bit if it truly warrants it. But $400? No way. I cut holes in all my stuff anyways, so $400 is ridiculous. Go for the A70 series. Looks much better IMHO, and it's cheaper.

11. kgwagner

kgwagner What's a Dremel?

This case is quite a disappointment. I expect more out of Lian Li than dysfunctional ergonomically difficult and aesthetically unappealing kiddie cases that are priced to stay on the shelves forever. I think the Lian Li engineers must have been kidnapped by psychotic aliens who forced them to do their bidding. It's the only explanation that makes sense. Either that, or they foolishly hired some American marketing weenies and followed their crackheaded advice.

12. MonkeyNutZ

MonkeyNutZ Crysis Fiend

I actually had the same problem with my new PC-A01B, the standoffs came in a bag with the same amount of screws, logically because they're in the same bag one would guess that they are supposed to go together.
    Untrue. I put in all the standoffs and started screwing the mobo down, when I realized (after screwing four in) that they went 3/4 the way in then stopped, stripping the standoffs out of the mobo tray! I backed them out (making the mobo bend more then I thought possible) after snapping the threaded ends off with pliers (unintentionally ...) I got the mobo out. holding it between my legs with a screwdriver on one hand and pliers in the other I managed to get them separated.
    Sadly the mobo tray was really badly stripped, so I got some really tiny nuts and bolted the standoffs back on.

13. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I'd never pay that much for a computer case, but that is a paint finish I'd love to have.

14. Major

Major Guest

Red (or pink) just sucks with this case, it needs to be black, and black only.

Silverstone TJ09 beats that any day though, everyone should have one. :D

15. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

that is a truly hideous looking case. the ghastly front panel, the lump stuck on to the top, and the tacky side window combine for an unprecedented amount of fail. i have to disagree with y'all on the color though. i'd love to see i nice case painted up like that.

16. FeRaL

FeRaL What's a Dremel?

Looks like hammered S H I T to me...

17. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

It got a door. nuff said...

18. tk421

tk421 Idiot.

this is so bad (well, actually most lian li's of the past few years) that me, who used to be the loudest proponent of the LL in the past - has been considering buying a case from someone else.

why would i pay $260 (newegg's price for the black version) for something that ugly? i can get a CM690 for $80. it's simple, clean, and functional - the EXACT same reasons i spent over 220$ on my pc-71 back in feb of 02.

19. Henk

Henk Uninformed Opinionist

The only that this case got right was the color. Lian-Li, what the hell are you guys thinking?

20. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

I've decided that this case actually isn't so bad if you think of it as just a really well designed Thermaltake case. It just looks so weird because of the Lian-Li branding on it! If it was rocking a Thermaltake logo on the front though people would probably be reacting a lot more favorably.

I do like that color though and I especially like that the color is the same on the inside too! It bothers the piss out of me to sit here and look through the window on my nice black anodized aluminum case and see a different color on the inside.

Tags: Add Tags