1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding My attempt at an engraving

Discussion in 'Modding' started by dbroome, 27 Feb 2008.

1. dbroome

dbroome What's a Dremel?

I just wanted to thank those who posted their plexiglass engravings, as it inspired me to give it a shot.

Mine is a small 8x10 engraving of the door to the Mines of Moria (Lord of the Rings reference). I need to work on lighting it more evenly. Over the next few weeks I hope to replace the double doors to a closet in my theater with a full size version. After a bit more practice...

It is being lit with 8 3mm LED's and a 9 volt power supply. The LED's are rated at 20,000 mcd for those interested.

[​IMG]

2. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

i like that, it is a very good first time attempt! i remember the first (and last) time i tried to engrave plexi, it went horribly wrong!

3. Jar of Almonds

Jar of Almonds What's a Dremel?

Hey dbroome, nice choice of topic. I think it looks very good for a first attempt or that size :thumb:. All of my engravings so far have been on little 2"x2" squares :D, but nothing that elaborate.

Like you said, a bit more work on the lighting and I think it'll really shine (pun intended of course!). Keep up the good work! :clap:

4. japala

japala What's a Dremel?

Most people start off with a smiley or something bit more easier to do. Looks nice. Did you use a Dremel rotary tool or what?

5. dbroome

dbroome What's a Dremel?

Thanks!

Compared to the final result, that IS small :D

I used a Dremel (this one: Dremel)

6. ROB 636

ROB 636 Ski-Ba-Bop-Ba-Dop-Bop

The doors to Moria, it looks good. Doing a full size would look very interesting.